List of Positive Words That Start With U
Here is the list of more than One Hundred Thirty-Five (135) positive words that start with U.
ULTIMATE LIST OF POSITIVE ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH U
Uber super; very high-level.
Ultimate greatest possible; most extreme; maximum; farthest; utmost; fundamental.
Ultra extremely excellent or good; extreme; far beyond the norm or casual.
Ultraprecise extremely precise, specific, detailed or exact.
Unabashed not embarrassed or disconcerted; not disguised or concealed; obvious.
Unadulterated pure; pristine; free from impurities; not mixed, diluted or mingled with anything; utter.
Unaffected not affected, modified or changed; genuine; real; sincere.
Unafraid free from fear; fearless; secure.
Unalloyed pure; complete; unmixed.
Unambiguous exhibiting or having a clearly defined meaning; clear; certain.
Unanimous agreeing in opinion or in complete agreement; harmonious.
Unassuming modest; not assuming or arrogant.
Unattached not restricted by rules or relationship; free.
Unbeaten not defeated, conquered or surpassed; champion.
Unbelieavable incredible; beyond belief.
Unbiased free from prejudice or bias.
Unbigoted not bigoted or opinionated.
Unblemished spotless; pure; faultless.
Unbroken intact; whole; in one piece; continuous.
Uncommon rare; unusual; remarkable; exceptional.
Uncomplicated simple; clear; not complex.
Unconditional absolute; not conditional or contingent.
Unconventional out of the ordinary; free in character or action.
Uncorrupted pure; whole; not depraved.
Uncritical indulgent; not critical; undiscriminating.
Undamaged not damaged, harmed or injured; sound.
Undauntable fearless; intrepid; indomitable.
Undaunted showing resolution and courage; fearless; not disheartened or depressed by fear.
Undefeated always victorious; never defeated.
Undefiled uncorrupted; unsullied; unpolluted; free from blemish or stain.
Undeniable irrefutable; unobjectionable; excellent.
Understandable comprehensible; intelligible.
Understanding knowing; intelligent; compassionate.
Understood fully apprehended as to explanation or meaning; agreed on.
Undesigning having no fraudulent or ulterior motives; straightforward; sincere.
Undiminished not diminished or lessened.
Undisputed accepted without question; generally agreed upon.
Undivided whole; unified; not shared or divided by.
Undoubted without doubt or question; undisputed.
Unencumbered free from encumbrance, worries or responsibilities.
Unequalled unmatched; without equal.
Unequivocal unambiguous; evident; clear; sincere.
Unerring consistently accurate and not committing mistakes; sure; unfailing.
Unfailing not liable to failure or error; certain; sure.
Unfaltering not faltering, failing or hesitating; not shakable; steadfast.
Unfaultable not capable of being faulted or erroneous.
Unfeigned not feigned or counterfeit; genuine; real.
Unflagging unceasing; without rest or slowing; untiring.
Unflappable characterized by calmness and composure; not easily upset, excited or perturbed.
Ungrudging without reluctance or envy; liberal; hearty.
Unhampered not restricted, hindered, slowed or blocked.
Unharmed unharmed; undamaged.
Unhesitating prompt; ready; steadfast; unfaltering.
Unhurt uninjured; unharmed; not hurt.
Unified acting or operating as unit; united into a whole.
Unimpaired not impaired or damaged in any sense.
Unimpeachable impossible or difficult to impeach; blameless; free of guilt.
Unimpeded not prevented or slowed.
Unique unparalleled; unequaled; highly unusual; the single of its kind.
United joined; combined; being in harmony; made one; allied.
Universal applicable to all conditions, purposes or situations; relating or affecting to the entire world.
Unlimited limitless; infinite; boundless.
Unmistakable impossible to misinterpret or mistake; obvious; clear.
Unmitigated not moderated or diminished; unrelieved; absolute.
Unobjectionable not liable to objection; acceptable.
Unobstructed free from obstruction or hindrance; clear.
Unobtrusive not obtrusive, noticeable or blatant; modest; inconspicuous.
Unopposed without opposition or opponent.
Unparalleled without equal; unmatched.
Unprejudiced free from prejudice or undue bias; impartial.
Unpretentious not pretentious; simple; humble; plain; modest.
Unquestionable not questionable; undeniable; beyond doubt.
Unrefuted not refuted.
Unreserved not reserved, restricted or limited; unrestrained.
Unrivalled having no rival; above comparison; champion.
Unruffled not agitated emotionally; calm; serene; tranquil.
Unselfish generous; altruistic; selfless.
Unshakable not shakable; unfaltering; unwavering.
Unshaken not agitated or shaken; firm; steady.
Unspoiled not spoiled, ruined, decayed or corrupted; pure.
Unspoilt see UNSPOILED.
Unstoppable unable or difficult to be stopped.
Unsullied not sullied or disgraced; pure; clean and fresh.
Unsurpassed surpassing, exceeding or outdone all others in some manner.
Untarnished not tarnished, soiled or stained; an untarnished reputation.
Untiring tireless; inexhaustible; resolute.
Untouched not affected or influenced; undamaged; pristine state.
Untroubled not distracted or disturbed; free from worries or troubles; easy in mind.
Unusual not usual, normal or ordinary; uncommon.
Unwavering constant; steadfast; fixed; not unstable.
Up raised; lifted; standing; optimistic; upbeat; cheerful; ready; functional; working
Upbeat happy; optimistic; having a fast and positive tone.
Upcoming forthcoming; happening or occurring soon or in near future.
Uplifted elevated emotionally with optimism.
Uplifting emotionally, morally or spiritually elevating; inspiring hope or happiness.
Uppermost highest in position or place; first in order; supreme.
Upright having a good ethical values; righteous; just.
Upstanding reputable; respectable; honest; morally upright.
Up-to-date incorporating the latest developments, information and trends; current; recent.
Upward directed toward a higher position or place.
Urbane polite; courteous; refined; elegant.
Usable fit or capable of being used.
Useful being of use or service; having a useful function or purpose; beneficial.
User-friendly easy to use (especially for untrained users).
Utmost the most extreme; greatest; farthest.
Uttermost of the greatest possible intensity, extent or degree; outermost; utmost n. the greatest possible degree or amount.
Positive Words That Begin With U:
Positive Adjectives That Start With U:
Positive Verbs That Start With U:
Positive Nouns That Start With U:
List of Positive Words that Start with U
Positive Adjectives that Start with U
Adjectives are words that describe or modify nouns, which are people, places, and things. Positive adjectives help make your sentences feel more positive.
- Meaning: The most of something. Usually the best, most successful, or otherwise most positive.
- Example: The ultimate decision lies with the parents.
- Meaning: Without condition or limit. Often used for things like love.
- Example: There have been calls for his immediate and unconditional release.
- Meaning: Being so good that nothing else is quite as good.
- Example: He faced his enemy with unequaled courage.
- Meaning: Without any doubt, hesitation, or possible argument; with all certainty and authority.
- Example: The Prime Minister, he said, had the party’s unequivocal support.
- Meaning: Without error, generally regarding a literal or figurative path to one’s goal.
- Example: She has an unerring instinct for people’s weak spots.
- Meaning: Happy, positive, and energetic.
- Example: The presentation ended on an upbeat note.
- Meaning: Someone who represents the moral ideals of a society.
- Example: In front of his house are two upstanding trees.
- Meaning: Helpful, handy, able to be used for something.
- Example: The experiments serve no useful purpose.
Positive Verbs that Start with U
Verbs are action words. They tell what’s being done in a sentence, or the state of things that have already been done. Positive verbs mean your sentence is really doing something positive!
- Meaning: To remove deceit and obfuscation to reveal something.
- Example: The government reiterated its resolve to uncover the truth.
- Meaning: To emphasize an important point.
- Example: The arrow comes in later to underscore the point: Our future looks good!
- Meaning: To comprehend what someone is telling you or what they need.
- Example: I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.
- Meaning: To bring together.
- Example: The nations of western Europe decided to unite.
- Meaning: To make it so something can be opened that was previously restricted.
- Example: She planned to unlock the store at 8.00 sharp this morning.
- Meaning: Figuratively, to disconnect from electronics and communication for the purposes of relaxing or destressing.
- Example: Did you remember to unplug the kettle?
- Meaning: To make something a little more current.
- Example: We do not have the resources to update our computer software.
- Meaning: To make someone or something a bit happier.
- Example: Art was created to uplift the mind and the spirit.
Positive Nouns that Start with U
Nouns are words used for people, places, and things. If you use positive nouns, then you’re sure to have a positive subject!
- Meaning: An item that protects people from the sun or rain.
- Example: She absent-mindedly left her umbrella on the bus.
- Meaning: Sympathy, empathy, and other kindness regarding someone’s situation. Also, a mutual agreement or unofficial truce.
- Example: Our understanding of cancer remains imperfect.
- Meaning: A way of dressing that indicates inclusion in a school, job, etc.
- Example: The uniform was trimmed with gold braid.
- Meaning: Being unlike any other.
- Example: To establish the uniqueness of this decomposition we proceed as follows.
- Meaning: A group of people who work together as one.
- Example: The basic unit of society is the family.
- Meaning: An improvement over previous versions.
- Example: The upgrade to version 5.0 costs $395.
- Meaning: The silver lining, or the happy thing about something troubling or challenging.
- Example: The upside of the whole thing is that we got a free trip to Jamaica.
- Meaning: A perfect world where everyone is happy.
- Example: We weren’t out to design a contemporary utopia.
Positive Words That Start with U to Describe a Person
If you want to increase your speaking and writing skills then here you will find a wide range of words starting with U to describe a person positively. These words will surely enhance your vocabulary!
- Definition: supreme example of a particular kind of person
- Synonyms: super, wonderful
- Example: Ayesha also dreams of opening an uber gourmet Afghan restaurant.
- Definition: being the best or most extreme example of its kind
- Synonyms: best, ideal
- Example: His ultimate goal is to set up his own business.
- Definition: very minutely exact
- Synonyms: exact, proper
- Example: I know this has been confirmed with ultraprecise clocks on planes.
- Definition: so great or extreme as to be difficult to believe
- Synonyms: incredible, beyond belief
- Example: Your audacity is unbelievable.
- Definition: free from all prejudice and favoritism
- Synonyms: neutral, honest
- Example: It seemed difficult for the doting mother to give an unbiased opinion of her prize-winning daughter.
- Definition: unable to be denied or disputed
- Synonyms: beyond doubt, unquestionable
- Example: It is an undeniable fact that your father cares about you.
- Definition: the universe is everything we can touch, feel, sense, measure or detect
- Synonyms: cosmos, all existence
- Example: We still don’t know how many galaxies there are in the universe.
- Definition: not limited or restricted in terms of number
- Synonyms: endless, immeasurable
- Example: He probably thought she had unlimited funding.
- Definition: continuing at the same rate without loss of vigor
- Synonyms: determent, energetic
- Example: His untiring efforts in commissioning ecological reports got him promoted.
- Definition: remarkable or interesting because different from or better than others
- Synonyms: exceptional, remarkable
- Example: He is a man of unusual talent.
Positive Words That Start with U to Encourage Yourself
If you are looking for some inspiration, then have a look at these good words that start with U. They will surely help to motivate you.
- Definition: feeling no fear or anxiety
- Synonyms: fearless, brave
- Example: She was so calm and unafraid.
- Definition: feeling or showing no effects or changes
- Synonyms: down to earth, unchanged
- Example: The walks are suitable only for people who are unaffected by vertigo.
- Definition: without embarrassment or disgrace
- Synonyms: face to face, brazenly
- Example: He was staring unabashedly at her.
- Definition: (chiefly of emotions) complete and unreserved
- Synonyms: absolute, neat
- Example: When my boyfriend proposed to me, I felt unalloyed joy.
- Definition: (of two or more people) fully in agreement
- Synonyms: consistent, united
- Example: The doctors were unanimous in their diagnoses.
- Definition: not able to be argued
- Synonyms: accomplished, incontestable
- Example: She is unarguably one of the country’s finest athletes.
- Definition: not pretentious or arrogant
- Synonyms: humble, mild
- Example: He was an unassuming and kind man.
- Definition: not assigned or committed (as to a particular task, organization, or person)
- Synonyms: apart, separate
- Example: She began to wonder if he was unattached.
- Definition: not able to be defeated or bettered in a contest or commercial market
- Synonyms: unstoppable, invincible
- Example: He now has an almost unbeatable lead over his rivals.
- Definition: not defeated or surpassed
- Synonyms: supreme, matchless
- Example: They were the only side to remain unbeaten.
Positive Words That Start with U to Compliment Others
Saying positive words is helpful to encourage people, this gentle act always can be the cause of someone’s happiness. Here you will find some nice words that start with U are used to make other feel full of life, pleasure and confident.
- Definition: relieve (someone) of something that is causing them anxiety or distress
- Synonyms: open one’s heart, confess
- Example: The need to unburden yourself to someone who will listen.
- Definition: not able to be disputed, opposed, or defeated
- Synonyms: irrefragable, incontestable
- Example: The selection committee’s decision is final and unchallengeable.
- Definition: (of the sky) not dark or overcast
- Synonyms: unlettered, unfussy
- Example: In Bora, you wake up to sunshine and unclouded skies.
- Definition: out of the ordinary or unusual
- Synonyms: rare, unusual
- Example: Prostate cancer is not uncommon in men over 60.
- Definition: not subject to any conditions
- Synonyms: unrestricted, unreserved
- Example: He has an unconditional loyalty to his family.
- Definition: not defeated, especially in a battle or other contest
- Synonyms: unconquered, successful
- Example: He was an undefeated champion in wrestling.
- Definition: not harmed or damaged
- Synonyms: unmarred, unbroken
- Example: His reputation came out undamaged.
- Definition: not made corrupt, impure, or unclean
- Synonyms: spotless, pure
- Example: Those only have been redeemed from earth who were virgins, undefiled with women.
- Definition: perceive the intended meaning of (words, a language, or a speaker)
- Synonyms: accept, acknowledge
- Example: I am trying so hard to understand my love.
- Definition: not diminished, reduced, or lessened
- Synonyms: maximal, extensive
- Example: His enthusiasm for the sports remains undiminished.
Positive Words That Start with U to Help Through Difficulties
When you are surrounded by tough time, to get out of that painful segment of life. Take a look at encouraging words that start with U.
- Definition: not questioned or doubted by anyone
- Synonyms: unchallenged, uncontested
- Example: She has an undoubted talent as an organizer.
- Definition: devoted completely to one object
- Synonyms: entire, whole
- Example: I can now give you my undivided attention.
- Definition: to do the inverse of breaking; to mend, restore, heal
- Synonyms: strong, firm
- Example: She pushed and pushed, but the animal’s grip was unbreakable.
- Definition: (especially of fabric) not dyed; of its natural color
- Synonyms: tentless, unstained
- Example: It was made of two pieces of undyed heavy wool.
- Definition: not losing brightness, vitality, or strength
- Synonyms: durable, immortal
- Example: Unfading materials give people a feeling of lasting freshness.
- Definition: without error or fault
- Synonyms: reliable, constant
- Example: His mother had always been an unfailing source of reassurance.
- Definition: not confused, worried, or shocked by something that has happened
- Synonyms: calm, cool
- Example: He was unfazed by the idea that traumatized her.
- Definition: release from a restraining or inhibiting force
- Synonyms: liberate, enlarge
- Example: His imagination is unfettered by the laws of logic.
- Definition: not seeking attention through being ostentatiously impressive
- Synonyms: sober, muted
- Example: He is unflashy, thoughtful and appears to be in possession of a soul.
- Definition: a person who has extreme political or religious opinions, or opinions that are more extreme than others in the same political party
- Synonyms: extremist, radical
- Example: Soon the ultras on the right of the party will resume their criticism of the prime minister.
Positive Words That Start with U to Uplift Our Mind
Sometimes when you feel bored or sad, especially on that particular time you need to read these motivational words that start with U. These positive words will astonishingly motivate you and nourish your brain.
- Definition: impossible to forget; very memorable
- Synonyms: never to be forgotten, fixed in mind
- Example: It was an unforgettable day for mankind.
- Definition: being without envy or reluctance
- Synonyms: well ordered, systemic, structured
- Example: He showed her ungrudging courtesy and kindness.
- Definition: a final demand or statement of terms
- Synonyms: demand, requirement
- Example: Their employers issued an ultimatum demanding an immediate return to work.
- Definition: not harmed; uninjured
- Synonyms: unhurt, safe
- Example: All the hostages were released unharmed.
- Definition: open or spread out from a folded position
- Synonyms: flatten, transpire
- Example: He has been told to unfold the map.
- Definition: moving, acting, or taking place without haste
- Synonyms: easy going, leisurely
- Example: He opened drawers of his desk in an unhurried way.
- Definition: merger or union of more than one thing
- Synonyms: ease, moderate, modify, temper
- Example: After the companies’ unification, workers from both factories were called to a meeting about the merger.
- Definition: make or become united, uniform, or whole
- Synonyms: join, unite
- Example: The couple made a unified decision to buy the house.
- Definition: a society or association formed by people with a common interest or purpose
- Synonyms: association, alliance
- Example: The union is pressing for a ten-percent pay hike.
- Definition: being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else
- Synonyms: individual, special
- Example: Some humans are born with unique, supernatural talents.
List of Positive Words That Start with U to Keep Us Stay Positive
Positive words that start with Uare full of life and positivity. These words can turn your mood happy instantly.
- Definition: joined together for a common purpose, or by common feelings
- Synonyms: integrated, joined
- Example: They are united on the value of faith knowledge as opposed to “metaphysic.”
- Definition: existent or operative everywhere or under all conditions
- Synonyms: all inclusive, world wide
- Example: Music is a universal language.
- Definition: the state of being united or joined as a whole
- Synonyms: harmony, union
- Example: If society is to exist as a unity, its members must have shared values.
- Definition: not matched or equaled
- Synonyms: unbeaten, peerless
- Example: Imran has a talent unmatched by any other politician.
- Definition: so clear or obvious that it cannot be missed
- Synonyms: inescapable
- Example: The whole city participates in the event, making it an unmissable event.
- Definition: not able to be mistaken for anything else
- Synonyms: distinctive, well defined
- Example: His work bears the unmistakable stamp of genius.
- Definition: not objectionable; acceptable
- Synonyms: agreeable, harmless
- Example: The bail conditions were unobjectionable as far as he was concerned.
- Definition: absolute or unqualified
- Synonyms: categorical, complete
- Example: The tour had been an unmitigated tragedy.
- Definition: settle or find a solution to (a problem or contentious matter
- Synonyms: modest, quite
- Example: The clinical service was unobtrusive and efficient.
- Definition: not opposed; unchallenged
- Synonyms: unrestricted, unchallenged
- Example: She was elected unopposed as leader.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with U
If you are someone who is struggling with their vocabulary, checkout some very simple and common positive words that start with U can be very useful.
- Definition: (of a machine or system) easy to use or understand
- Synonyms: convenient, accessible
- Example: The interface of this software is very user-friendly.
- Definition: (of pop or rock music) performed or recorded with acoustic
- Synonyms: unclogged, freed
- Example: Rod Stewart’s acoustic set spawned an unplugged album that sold three million copies.
- Definition: never done or known before
- Synonyms: unrivaled, unmatched
- Example: The preparations were made on an unprecedented scale.
- Definition: (of a theory, principle, claim, etc) not refuted or disproved
- Synonyms: invalid, careless
- Example: Personally, I would find strong arguments unrefuted enough to cause a close.
- Definition: not able to be disputed or doubted
- Synonyms: undoubted, patent
- Example: His musicianship is unquestionable.
- Definition: (of a place) pleasantly simple and modest
- Synonyms: humble, unshowy
- Example: I found a friendly and unpretentious hotel.
- Definition: (of a sentence, decree, decision, etc) not overturned, or repealed
- Synonyms: candid, forthright
- Example: Though unreserved in his manners his frankness was limited to the surface.
- Definition: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components
- Synonyms: improve, better, reform
- Example: The cost of upgrading each workstation is around £300.
- Definition: better than everyone or everything of the same type
- Synonyms: matchless, unbeaten
- Example: His collection of antiques was unrivaled and perfectly coordinated.
- Definition: not disordered or disarranged
- Synonyms: calm, controlled
- Example: Robbie seemed unruffled by her words.
Positive Words That Start with U for Attractive Resumes
If you are applying for job then a strong resume is an essential tool to get that job. Positive words that start with U will fill you up with positive energy. Once you feel motivated to get what you want, you will be completely unstoppable! Make use of positive words that start with U in your resume to win the job you want.
- Definition: impossible to stop or prevent
- Synonyms: invulnerable, invulnerable
- Example: Once Janet gets an idea, she’s unstoppable.
- Definition: (in music) an unaccented beat preceding an accented beat
- Synonyms: cheerful, optimistic
- Example: He was upbeat about the company’s future.
- Definition: not anxious or uneasy
- Synonyms: calm, unruffled
- Example: She appeared unworried by criticism.
- Definition: (of a resource) not yet exploited or used
- Synonyms: Unused, intact
- Example: The vast untapped potential of individual women and men.
- Definition: at the front or in front
- Synonyms: beforehand, in advance
- Example: He can play up front or in defense.
- Definition: an act of updating something or someone or an updated version of something
- Synonyms: modernize, improve
- Example: They decided to update the computer systems.
- Definition: maintain (a custom or practice)
- Synonyms: validate, endorse
- Example: They uphold a tradition of not causing distress to living creatures.
- Definition: something that makes a person feel more cheerful or optimistic
- Synonyms: elevate, inspire
- Example: The news gave them a much needed uplift.
- Definition: highest in place, rank, or importance
- Synonyms: predominant, foremost
- Example: We will do our utmost to stabilize our company.
- Definition: very able or competent in a particular area
- Synonyms: expert, skillful
- Example: Make yourself useful.