List of Positive Words That Start With R
Here is the list of more than Five Hundred Fifty-Three (553) positive words that start with R.
|Raise||Raise the roof||Raison d’être|
|Right of abode||Rightable||Righten|
|Rubicon||Ruby wedding anniversary||Ruddy|
Positive Words Starting With R:
- Recuperate (
Positive Adjectives That Start With R:
Positive Verbs That Start With R:
Positive Nouns That Start With R:
READY LIST OF POSITIVE ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH R
Racy having characteristic quality or taste; vigorous; lively.
Rad excellent; wonderful.
Radiant emanating great love, joy, happiness or health; emitting light or heat; bright.
Rapid very quick or swift; advancing with speed or haste.
Rapturous filled with great joy or delight; ecstatic; ravishing.
Rational exercising or having the ability to reason; sane; logically sound.
Razor-sharp extremely sharp; quick-witted or very clever.
Reachable accessible; capable of being easily reached or approached.
Ready prepared, available, likely or about to do something; willing.
Real actual and true; occurring or being in actuality or fact; genuine; authentic; free of falsehood or pretense.
Realistic relating to the realism or realists; aware of things as they really are.
Realizable capable of existing, realized or achieved.
Reasonable rational; logical; fair; just; satisfactory.
Reassuring relieving anxiety and restoring confidence; causing comfort.
Receptive willing or ready to receive favorably.
Recherche exquisite; lavishly elegant; exotic.
Recipient receptive; receiving.
Reciprocal interchanged or interchanging; mutual.
Recognizable capable or being recognized or easily perceived.
Recognized notable; honored; generally approved.
Recommendable worthy of praise or to be recommended; capable or suitable of being recommended.
Recuperative relating to recuperation; tending to recovery (especially of health or strength); regenerative.
Red-carpet characterized by special hospitality or treatment; VIP.
Refined purified; polished; delicate; cultured; precise; having or showing a good taste or feelings.
Reflective deeply thoughtful; capable of or creating or producing reflection.
Refreshing reinvigorating someone or serving to refresh.
Refulgent radiant; brilliant; shining; splendid.
Regal splendid; magnificent; of or pertaining to a royalty; royal.
Regnant prevalent; widespread; ruling.
Regular normal, usual or customary; even, symmetrical or orderly; constant; proper; thorough; nice.
Rejuvenescent becoming or become to rejuvenated; rejuvenating.
Relaxed easy-going; free from tension, anxiety and strain.
Relevant having a connection or bearing on with the matter at hand; current; pertinent.
Reliable trustworthy; worthy of reliance or dependence.
Relieved exhibiting or experiencing relief; reassured.
Remarkable worthy of notice or consideration; extraordinary; conspicuous; exceptional.
Remissive forgiving; remitting; abating.
Renowned celebrated, well-known or famous.
Reputable honorable; respected; praiseworthy; held in esteem.
Resilient characterized by the ability to recover readily from misfortune, depression, adversity and the like; rebounding; elastic.
Resolute firm; determined; unwavering; satisfied; sure.
Resolved explained; answered; determined; firm.
Resounding unmistakable; emphatic; celebrated; having a rich sound.
Resourceful having the ability to find clever and quick ways to overcome difficulties; effective and imaginative.
Respectable worthy of respect or high esteem; satisfactory; decent; large in quantity, amount, extent or degree.
Respectful exhibiting, showing or full of respect.
Resplendent splendid; brilliant; dazzling; colorful and shiny.
Responsible able to be depended upon or trusted; being a source; answerable.
Responsive answering; responding; replying; showing emotion.
Restful tranquil; restorative; peaceful; relaxed.
Restorative relating to restoration; having the power or tending to restore or give new life and vigor.
Retentive having the power, quality or capacity of retaining; good at remembering facts and impressions easily.
Revealing making known; showing; disclosing.
Revered profoundly honored or admired.
Reverent showing or feeling respect, reverence or veneration.
Revitalizing tending to impart vigor or new life to.
Revolutionary causing or involving a dramatic or complete change; fresh, extraordinarily good and surprising.
Rewardable worthy of reward or recompense.
Rewarding affording or constituting a reward; giving satisfaction or pleasure.
Rhapsodic ecstatic; enthusiastic; delightful.
Rich characterized by abundance, fullness, fruitfulness or great quality; of great worth; productive; strong; intense; sumptuous; magnificent.
Right in accordance with reason, truth or fact; correct; most desirable; favorable or convenient; in good physical or mental health; appropriate, proper or fitting; straight; direct.
Righteous virtuous and morally upright; morally justified.
Rightful proper or right; upright; good; just; legally valid.
Risible provoking or arousing laughter; ludicrous; laughable.
Robust full of strength and health; sturdy; vigorous; sound.
Rollicking exuberantly amusing and lively.
Romantic expressive of or romance or love; imaginative or visionary.
Rooted firmly placed or implanted; still.
Rosy blooming; blushing; optimistic; cheerful.
Round whole; complete; large; considerable; plump; smooth (as lacking sharp angles); outspoken.
Rounded balanced; complete.
Rousing exciting; astounding; lively; vigorous.
Rugged sturdy; strong; well-built.
Ruling predominant; controlling.
Rutilant glowing, shining or glittering (especially with red light).
List of Positive Words that Start with R
Positive Adjectives that Start with R
Adjectives are words that describe or modify nouns, which are people, places, or things. Positive adjectives are a great way to include some positive description!
Radiant – Glowing. Can mean literally, like a light source, or figuratively, generally with positive emotion.
- She was radiant with joy at her wedding.
Ready – Prepared.
- I’m not ready to settle down yet.
Real – The opposite of fake. Genuine, 100%, true.
- Let’s do our work for real.
Refreshing – A welcome, relieving change of pace. Also, specifically, a cool break from the heat.
- It’s refreshing to hear somebody speaking common sense
Reliable – Someone or something you can depend on, that works the same in a given situation.
- It’s an old car, but it’s very reliable.
Remarkable – Standing out from the ordinary enough to make comments on.
- She has made remarkable progress.
Reputable – Having a good reputation, often for a specific item, trait, or service.
- We prefer to deal only with reputable companies.
Responsible – Taking care of one’s duties, whether those are actions or support of other people.
- He is directly responsible for this.
Rich – Having a lot of money. Also, dense and filling, as in rich food.
- She cloyed her appetite with rich food.
Right – Correct. Sometimes used to mean morally correct, specifically.
- I knew right away that I was pregnant.
Positive Verbs that Start with R
Verbs are usually described as action words. They tell what’s being done in a sentence. Using positive verbs puts a positive spin on your sentence!
Rally – To pull together, usually for a specific cause.
- They will often rally in a crisis.
Reason – To talk to somebody logically to get them to see your side.
- There is no reason to complain.
Reassure – To let someone know that everything is going to be okay.
- They sought to reassure the public.
Receive – To be given something.
- He will receive physiotherapy on his damaged left knee.
Reciprocate – To give back something of equal value (monetary or otherwise) to what you received.
- I reciprocate your good wishes.
Recommend – To tell others that a person, place, or thing is good and worth interacting with.
- I recommend the book to all my students.
Relax – To unwind, let your muscles loosen up, stop worrying about anything.
- I meditate in order to relax.
Restore – To return to a previous state, usually a better one.
- The measures are intended to restore public confidence in the economy.
Reward – To give someone something in return for a good deed.
- The measures are intended to restore public confidence in the economy.
Rise – To move upward, either literally or figuratively, as in to rise through the ranks of a job.
- The price of cigarettes is set to rise again.
Positive Nouns that Start with R
Nouns are words for people, places, and things. Making your nouns positive means that the subject of your sentence or conversation is positive, too!
Reception – A celebration of people or events. Also, a welcome.
- I’ll meet you by the main reception desk.
Regard – Esteem, or how somebody thinks of you.
- We regard their treatment of the prisoners as inhuman.
Relief – A lessening of worry, stress, or pain.
- He gave a little murmur of relief.
Remedy – A fix.
- The best remedy for grief is hard work.
Request – A favor asked of somebody. Usually without a lot of obligation.
- I request that you should come early.
Resolution – An ending that ties up loose ends.
- The resolution was passed by a two-thirds majority.
Resource – A place to get needed things, anything from food to answers.
- Reading is a great resource.
Respect – High esteem, usually for a person. Respect can also be for rules or for fear of consequences.
- They treated me with respect.
Rest – Relaxation. Also, sleep.
- I want to rest for a while.
Rock – Literally, a stone. Figuratively, though, this means someone reliable and consistent who you can depend on.
- This drill can bore through rock.
Positive Words That Start With R to Describe a Person
If you love writing or reading then here you can have wide range of words starting with R to describe a person positively. These words will surely help you to enhance your writing and reading and will make your vocabulary better than before.
- Definition: lively and typically sexually titillating
- Synonyms: naughty, Juicy
- Example: Paul shocked the ladies with his racy stories.
- Definition: slang for an excellent person or thing
- Synonyms: cool, groovy
- Example: The brave man whose leg is injured is a rad.
- Definition: shining or glowing brightly
- Synonyms: brilliant, glowing
- Example: She looks radiant in white silk dress.
- Definition: marked by uncontrollable exuberance
- Synonyms: alert, clever
- Example: The classroom was filled with rambunctious young scholars.
- Definition: happening in a short time or at a great rate
- Synonyms: quick, swift
- Example: This town has undergone a rapid change.
- Definition: a feeling of intense pleasure or joy
- Synonyms: bliss, joy
- Example: She was in the seventh heaven of rapture.
- Definition: in accordance with reason or logic
- Synonyms: sensible, reasonable,
- Example: These physical discomforts rendered rational thought and remembrance near impossible.
- Definition: fill (someone) with intense delight; enrapture.
- Synonyms: delight, spellbind
- Example: She could ravish anyone’s day without even thinking.
- Definition: accessible or achievable
- Synonyms: convenient, within reach
- Example: The first floor is reachable by the external staircase.
- Definition: able to be read or deciphered
- Synonyms: understandable, comprehensible
- Example: The book is informative and highly readable.
Positive Words That Start With R to Encourage Yourself
If you are looking for some motivation for yourself, then take a look at these good words that start with R. They will surely help you in achieving your spark.
- Definition: in a suitable state for an action or situation
- Synonyms: prepared, organized, equipped
- Example: She was ready to help him with organizing the office.
- Definition: state again very strongly
- Synonyms: claim, allege
- Example: These events reaffirm my belief in the need for better information.
- Definition: having a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected
- Synonyms: practical, matter of fact
- Example: I thought we had a realistic chance to win.
- Definition: the state of things as they actually exist
- Synonyms: real life, actually
- Example: He is always ready to learn and face reality.
- Definition: able to be achieved or made to happen
- Synonyms: workable, doable
- Example: He needs to define realizable targets.
- Definition: in actual fact, as opposed to what is said or imagined to be true or possible
- Synonyms: in fact, reality
- Example: Do you really love her song?
- Definition: to plan your course
- Synonyms: direct, guide
- Example: The better you navigate your life.
- Definition: Receive (something, especially something beneficial)
- Synonyms: gain, obtain,
- Example: You will reap what you have sown.
- Definition: a cause, explanation, or justification for an action
- Synonyms: cause, motive
- Example: If you reason out well, you might win.
- Definition: having sound judgment; fair and sensible
- Synonyms: decent, wise
- Example: No reasonable person could have objected.
Positive Words That Start With R to Compliment Others
Well, when you encourage people and compliment about their effort, this kind act always can bring happiness on their face. Here you will find some nice words that start with R that are used to make others feel happy, pleasure, and confident.
- Definition: the action of removing someone’s doubts or fears
- Synonyms: comforting, consoling
- Example: Children need reassurance and praise.
- Definition: brought back to life or activity
- Synonyms: newborn, recreated
- Example: A reborn version of social democracy.
- Definition: be given, presented with, or paid (something)
- Synonyms: experience, gain
- Example: the band will receive a $100,000 advance.
- Definition: a partial refund to someone for tax, rent, or a utility
- Synonyms: refund, discount
- Example: The scheme eases the move to the council tax by giving rebates in the first year.
- Definition: accept new suggestions and ideas
- Synonyms: open minded, responsive
- Example: The goldfish’s vision is receptive.
- Definition: given, felt, or done in return
- Synonyms: corresponding, return, requited
- Example: She was hoping for some reciprocal comment or gesture.
- Definition: retrieve or recover (something previously lost, given, or paid)
- Synonyms: claim back, recover, take back
- Example: The best part about Sally is that she knows how to reclaim her strengths.
- Definition: the state of being recognized
- Synonyms: acknowledge, accept
- Example: It is easy to recognize true talent.
- Definition: (put forward) with approval as being suitable for a particular purpose
- Synonyms: endorse, approve
- Example: George did recommend some local architects once who were very skillful.
- Definition: restore friendly relations between
- Synonyms: harmonize, vital
- Example: The king and the archbishop were publicly reconciled.
Positive Words That Start With R to Help Through Difficulties
When you are passing through your difficult times and depression it is vital to get out of that painful phase. Here are some encouraging words that start with R.
- Definition: return to a normal state of health
- Synonyms: take back, redeem
- Example: The police was lucky enough to recover the stolen video.
- Definition: convert (alternating current) to direct current
- Synonyms: sort out, correct
- Example: Even if you make a mistake, you can rectify it later.
- Definition: having the effect of restoring health or strength
- Synonyms: corrective, uplifting
- Example: To get the recuperative benefits of a vacation, you need time and, believe it or not, there are ways you can get it with the right mindset and strategies.
- Definition: compensate for the faults or bad aspects of
- Synonyms: save, rescue
- Example: I got some solid reason to redeem my judgments.
- Definition: the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil
- Synonyms: vindication, absolution
- Example: The peasants found the terms of redemption unattractive.
- Definition: with impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing
- Synonyms: pure, polished
- Example: Her voice was very refine and unique.
- Definition: capable of reflecting light or other radiation
- Synonyms: yearning, nostalgic
- Example: The dark eyes wandered over her face in reflective silence.
- Definition: make changes in (something, especially an institution or practice) in order to improve it
- Synonyms: improved, better, refined, mend
- Example: Bill gates will reform the tax system.
- Definition: give new strength or energy
- Synonyms: revive, restore
- Example: The speech helped refresh the audience.
- Definition: of, resembling, or fit for a monarch, especially in being magnificent or dignified
- Synonyms: majestic, impressive
- Example: She looked regal in that red grand dress.
Positive Words That Start With R to Uplift Our Mind
Sometimes when you feel so unhappy about yourself, especially on that particular time you need to read these motivational words that start with R. These positive words will amazingly uplift your mind and boost up your energy level.
- Definition: consider or think of in a specified way.
- Synonyms: consider, look on
- Example: She regarded London as her base.
- Definition: arranged in or constituting a constant or definite pattern, especially with the same space between individual instances.
- Synonyms: well ordered, systemic, structured
- Example: Plan the flags in regular intervals.
- Definition: feel or show great joy or delight
- Synonyms: happiness, pleasure
- Example: We should rejoice our success!
- Definition: give new energy or vigor
- Synonyms: freshen, renew
- Example: The exercise and fresh air will help rejuvenate you.
- Definition: the state or fact of being related or connected
- Synonyms: accordance, bearing
- Example: In nature, the obvious way is through genetic relatedness.
- Definition: the way in which two or more people or things are connected, or the state of being connected.
- Synonyms: connection, link, relation
- Example: The study will assess the relationshipbetween unemployment and political attitudes.
- Definition: make or become less tense or anxious
- Synonyms: ease, comfort
- Example: All you have to do is relax and things will fall into place.
- Definition: allow or enable to escape from confinement; set free.
- Synonyms: free, let go
- Example: I can help you release all the negativity in your mind.
- Definition: closely connected or appropriate to what is being done or considered
- Synonyms: applicable, apposite
- Example: What small companies need is relevant advice.
- Definition: consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted
- Synonyms: authentic, well founded
- Example: You are my reliable friend.
List of Positive Words That Start With R to Keep Us Stay Positive
Positive words that start with R are really very helpful in your crucial times. These words can turn your mood happy instantly.
- Definition: a particular system of faith and worship
- Synonyms: faith, believe
- Example: Every religion has positivity in it.
- Definition: great enjoyment
- Synonyms: enjoy, adore
- Example: Be thankful and relish every moment of glory.
- Definition: worthy of attention
- Synonyms: extraordinary, exceptional
- Example: It was a remarkable achievement for such a young player.
- Definition: a medicine or treatment for a disease or injury
- Synonyms: treatment, cure
- Example: I can suggest a great herbal remedy for pain.
- Definition: the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty.
- Synonyms: cancellation, revocation
- Example: The scheme allows for the partial remission of tuition fees.
- Definition: restore (something old, especially a building) to a good state of repair
- Synonyms: restore, refurbish
- Example: It is time that you renovate your house to sell it at a higher price.
- Definition: resume (an activity) after an interruption.
- Synonyms: extend, prolong
- Example: Once we renew your contract, you can continue.
- Definition: be entitled or appointed to act or speak for (someone), especially in an official capacity.
- Synonyms: stand for
- Example: She became the first woman to represent a South Wales mining valley.
- Definition: settle or find a solution to (a problem or contentious matter
- Synonyms: settle, sort out
- Example: Once we resolve this issue, everything will be fine.
- Definition: an increase in value, amount, or strength after a previous decline
- Synonyms: pickup, recover
- Example: They revealed a big rebound in profits for last year.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start With R
The people whose vocabulary is not up to the mark can take help from the positive words that start with R. These words can be helpful in their routine life.
- Definition: a feeling of deep admiration for someone’s abilities, qualities, or achievements
- Synonyms: esteem, regard
- Example: The director has a lot of respect for employees.
- Definition: having an obligation to do something, or having control over or care for someone, as part of one’s job or role
- Synonyms: accountable, answerable
- Example: A cabinet minister responsible for education.
- Definition: movement in order to relax, sleep, or recover strength
- Synonyms: relax, let up
- Example: She needed to rest after the feverish activity.
- Definition: the process of restoring a building, work of art
- Synonyms: fixing, mending,
- Example: The owner has decided to restore the building.
- Definition: organize differently
- Synonyms: streamline, revamp
- Example: You need to make a plan to strengthen and restructure.
- Definition: make (previously unknown or secret information) known to others
- Synonyms: disclose
- Example: Brenda was forced to reveal Robbie’s whereabouts.
- Definition: feel deep respect or admiration for (something).
- Synonyms: respect, admire
- Example: You should revere that old man for his efforts.
- Definition: a thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement
- Synonyms: prize, winnings
- Example: The holiday was a reward for 40 years’ service with the company.
- Definition: move from a lower position to a higher one
- Synonyms: get up, jump up
- Example: The strongest of us rise from our greatest downfalls.
- Definition: an actor’s part in a play, film, etc
- Synonyms: part, character, title role
- Example The equipment will play a vital role in the fight against cancer.
Positive Words That Start with R for Attractive Resumes
A strong resume is an important tool for job searching. Therefore, it is very necessary that a resume must be very precise and attractive, which will enable the employer to know about your experience and skill. Positive words start with R can be very helpful to create a strong resume to get the job.
- Definition: having a legitimate right to property, position, or status
- Synonyms: proper, lawful
- Example: They are determined to take their rightful place in a new South Africa.
- Definition: a situation involving exposure to danger
- Synonyms: possible chance, danger
- Example: If you don’t take risks in life, you cannot progress.
- Definition: your message has been received (used in radio communication)
- Synonyms: amen, agreed
- Example: Roger; we’ll be with you in about ten minutes.
- Definition: a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love
- Synonyms: love, passion
- Example: I had thrust for romance.
- Definition: a person that runs, especially in a specified way
- Synonyms: scout, agent
- Example: The runner up for the competition was elated.
- Definition: a person exercising government or dominion
- Synonyms: leader, sovereign
- Example: Alexander was a great ruler.
- Definition: a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth
- Synonyms: gossip, hearsay
- Example: Sometimes, a good rumor can be helpful in uplifting others.
- Definition: (especially of accommodation) having plenty of room; spacious
- Synonyms: Sizeable, large
- Example: Her new apartment is very roomy.
- Definition: people of royal blood or status
- Synonyms: Kingship, power, distinction
- Example: She swept by as if she were royalty.
- Definition: having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy
- Synonyms: wealthy, well off
- Example: The rich have power but also a big heart.