List of Positive Words That Start With G
Here is the list of more than two hundred twenty (220) positive words that start with G.
|God’s Gift||God’s Truth||God-send|
|Going that extra mile||Golconda||Gold|
Positive Words That Start with G to Describe a Person
This section has words starting with G to describe a person positively. The words will be very useful in all aspects of life, especially in writings.
- Definition: someone who is honest and sincere
- Synonyms: actual, proper
- Example: Flora is a sweet, genuine girl and is liked by everyone.
- Definition: someone who is willing to give money, help, etc. and is kind to everyone
- Synonyms: open-handed, donor, charitable
- Example: Every society needs a generous person like him.
- Definition: someone who is kind, calm, and soft
- Synonyms: tender, soft-hearted
- Example: She is an incredibly gentle girl.
- Definition: (of a man) who is polite and kind towards women, especially in public
- Synonyms: chivalrous, polite, well mannered
- Example: The other day, Paul helped my mom to cross the road; he is such a gallant boy.
- Definition: someone who is pleasant or friendly toward other people
- Synonyms: congenial, warm
- Example: He is a good-natured person in our society and tends to help everyone.
- Definition: someone who shows elegance and behaves in a polite way
- Synonyms: well mannered, civilized
- Example: Mr. Watson is a very graceful person, and hence he doesn’t hesitate to help people and is kind to everyone.
- Definition: someone who has a special ability in a particular subject or activity
- Synonyms: intelligent, bright, sharp
- Example: Laura is such a gifted singer.
- Definition: someone who is friendly or in a good mood
- Synonyms: amiable, cordial
- Example: Flora is a good-humored girl, and it feels amazing to talk with her.
- Definition: something, or someone having interesting, satisfactory, or pleasant qualities, or activities
- Synonyms: pleasant, enjoyable
- Example: Lauren is a good man.
- Definition: someone who is friendly and cheerful
- Synonyms: affable, amiable, congenial
- Example: She is always genial to everyone.
Positive Words That Start with G to Encourage Yourself
If you want good words that start with G then look no further! These will be helpful when you feel down and want to encourage yourself instead of relying on anyone else.
- Definition: someone who is special, successful, or shining like a gold
- Synonyms: bright, shining, gleaming
- Example: I shall never miss the golden opportunities of my life, no matter how many obstacles I face.
- Definition: someone who is pleased and happy
- Synonyms: cheerful, thrilled, overjoyed
- Example: I become glad when I successfully accomplish my goals.
- Definition: someone whose ability, the amount is above average and very good
- Synonyms: admirable, amazing, divine
- Example: I am doing great, and I am proud of myself for that.
- Definition: to have an aim or purpose
- Synonyms: ambition, aspiration, intention
- Example: I have some important goals in my life, and it makes my life meaningful.
- Definition: someone who is pleased or satisfied
- Synonyms: jovial, delighted
- Example: I am gratified at the way I am progressing in my life.
- Definition: arrange in or allocate to grades, classify, or sort.
- Synonyms: group, categorize
- Example: I try to work harder based on my grading which helps to gain success in my academic life.
- Definition: having or showing courage, determination, or spirit.
- Synonyms: bold, plucky
- Example: I am a gutsy woman, and I never give up no matter how hard the situation is.
- Definition: advice or information aimed at resolving a problem, or difficulty, especially as given by someone in authority
- Synonyms: advice, direction
- Example: Whenever I feel lost in my life, some guidance from my loved ones encourages me to keep going.
- Definition: someone who looks attractive because of being happy or healthy
- Synonyms: shine, brighten
- Example: My face is glowing with excitement after planting the beautiful trees in my garden.
- Definition: someone who has exceptional intellectual, or creative power, or other ability
- Synonyms: wisdom, talent, brilliance
- Example: I am genius enough to solve my own problems.
Positive Words That Start with G to Compliment Others
If you want to feel good yourself you need to use nice words that start with G for others as well. Complimenting others will encourage you as well!
- Definition: someone who is beautiful or very attractive
- Synonyms: beautiful, stunning, pretty
- Example: Laura looked gorgeous in that white gown.
- Definition: someone who is very beautiful, or deserves praise, or admiration
- Synonyms: excellent, outstanding, great
- Example: Luna is an exceptionally glorious lady in our society.
- Definition: having too many bright colors
- Synonyms: glittering, glaring
- Example: He always wears a gaudy Hawaiian shirt at the beach.
- Definition: someone who is attractive in an exciting and special way
- Synonyms: adorable, delicate, lovely
- Example: She is such a glamorous lady that everyone would fall for her beauty.
- Definition: someone who is exuberantly happy or excited
- Synonyms: mirthful, cheerful, overjoyed
- Example: She is an amiable girl and always gives a gleeful smile to everyone.
- Definition: someone who is courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially towards someone of lower social status.
- Synonyms: well mannered, civilized, kind-hearted
- Example: No one is as gracious as Aura in our society.
- Definition: the quality of being beautiful or special
- Synonyms: beauty, grace
- Example: Her paintings capture the beauty and grandeur of the landscape.
- Definition: someone who is fine, good, and desirable
- Synonyms: amazing, awesome
- Example: Everyone called her a gradely lass.
- Definition: possessing something which is extremely large in size, or amount
- Synonyms: huge, enormous, vast
- Example: He is well-known in our society for his gigantic social works.
- Definition: a person who is physically attractive
- Synonyms: attractive, gorgeous
- Example: Minho was not only good-looking but also honest in his words and activities.
Positive Words That Start with G to Help Through Difficulties
The encouraging words that start with G are plenty and in this section, we have summarized some of them. Keep on reading to improve your vocabulary.
- Definition: becoming greater over a period of time
- Synonyms: increasing, developing
- Example: She added yet another item to the growingqueue.
- Definition: a person or group of people whose job is to protect a person, place, or thing from danger or attack
- Synonyms: protector, defender, custodian
- Example: We should try to guard our lives ourselves first.
- Definition: the most important pieces of information, or main subject of something, or general information without details
- Synonyms: basis, core, point
- Example: When you are in trouble, you need to know the gist of that for finding a solution.
- Definition: an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun
- Synonyms: pastime, entertainment, recreation
- Example: It’s better to learn games which can be helpful during difficulties.
- Definition: someone who is well balanced and sensible
- Synonyms: disciplined, fit
- Example: Being a grounded person, Ayman knows how to solve his own issues.
- Definition: a person showing courage and resolve
- Synonyms: brave, bold, determined
- Example: Everyone admires her gritty determination to succeed.
- Definition: to show a large amount of energy, activity, speed, or success
- Synonyms: awesome, brave, fantastic
- Example: We went like gangbusters to get the project done on time.
- Definition: someone or something that is very good, pleasing, or useful
- Synonyms: masterpiece, finest, best
- Example: When you consider yourself a gem, everything seems easier.
- Definition: someone having a glint or is sparkling
- Synonyms: gleaming, shiny
- Example: When she is determined to do something, her eyes look glinty.
- Definition: someone who is devoutly religious
- Synonyms: pious, faithful
- Example: When he faces any trouble in his life, he calls out god as he is a godly person.
Positive Words That Start with G to Uplift Our Mind
We all need positivity sometimes to uplift our minds. Therefore, the following motivational words that start with G will be appreciated.
- Definition: bright and shiny from being cleaned
- Synonyms: shining, glittering
- Example: His gleaming eyes make me happy.
- Definition: something which is fashionable and exciting.
- Synonyms: fabulous, fantastic, great
- Example: The standard of the show did not drop as he took the stage next and had fans clapping to his groovy voice and strong lyrics.
- Definition: something which is in great amounts or numbers
- Synonyms: plentiful, abundant
- Example: From Christmas gatherings with family to New Year’s Eve galas galore, and reunions with people from the past, there is simply no dearth of events to go all out for.
- Definition: something which is very new and a big change from other things of its type
- Synonyms: innovative, newfound
- Example: Harry was honored for her groundbreaking work in nuclear physics.
- Definition: the ability to decide what is the best thing to do in a particular situation and to do it with full energy and determination
- Synonyms: aptness, acumen, sharply
- Example: It took me a lot of gumption to speak up for myself like that.
- Definition: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
- Synonyms: grand, golden
- Example: The gilded dome of the cathedral rises above the city.
- Definition: someone who feels happy and excited and shows this in behavior
- Synonyms: frivolous, changeable
- Example: Mike was giddy with excitement when he got the first prize in sports.
- Definition: something which is very large or wonderful or intended to seem important
- Synonyms: magnificent, glorious, majestic
- Example: Lucy always makes grandiose plans which often become successful.
- Definition: someone who is brave and generous
- Synonyms: brave, courageous
- Example: Emma is a greathearted lady who always helps others and never hesitates to sacrifice her life for anyone.
List of Positive Words That Start with G to Keep Us Stay Positive
This wonderful section has positive words that start with G to make you feel positive and glad to be alive. Use them every day and feel the positivity.
- Definition: someone who likes to be with other people
- Synonyms: cordial, affable
- Example: Lavender is a gregarious girl who can share all her problems with others, and also gets the solution to them.
- Definition: a person feeling or showing an appreciation for something done or received
- Synonyms: obliged, thankful, appreciative
- Example: Lisa has an amazing quality to be grateful for everything because it makes her life easier and more beautiful.
- Definition: to have a collection of several things, often from different places or people
- Synonyms: congregate, assemble
- Example: Laura likes to gather information about nuclear physics, and for that reason, she often visits many libraries, which keeps her busy and free from any tension or worries.
- Definition: to offer something to someone or to provide something.
- Synonyms: lend, contribute
- Example: It’s important to give yourself some time so that you can improve yourself.
- Definition: the quality of being thankful or shows appreciation to someone or something for what has been done.
- Synonyms: acknowledgment, respect
- Example: Lucius sent his neighbors a present to express his gratitude.
- Definition: to laugh lightly and repeatedly in a silly way
- Synonyms: titter, snigger
- Example: Children love silly, sweet poems that let them giggle and grin.
- Definition: something which is extremely bright or is too brightly colored
- Synonyms: vivid, brightly, colorfully
- Example: The streets are lined with garish neon lights, which are to my liking.
- Definition: the state of being cheerful, happy, or excited
- Synonyms: merriment, joy, delight
- Example: Chelsa’s gaiety and wit endear her to everyone whom she meets.
- Definition: something that is extreme or exciting
- Synonyms: great, marvelous, superb
- Example: While a gnarly financial situation may sometimes require help, there is a good chance you can sort things out just fine on your own.
- Definition: something which is delightful
- Synonyms: splendid, magnificent
- Example: Oliver always bakes goluptious cakes, which are both beautiful to look at and very tasty.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with G
Who doesn’t want some more positive words that start with G to uplift them? You might already know some of them but remembering them is harder.
- Definition: relating to the whole world
- Synonyms: universal, worldwide, international
- Example: Now that we are a part of a global village, we are like neighbors.
- Definition: writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.
- Synonyms: doodles, scribbling
- Example: Graffiti was scribbled all over the walls.
- Definition: a style or category of art, music, or literature.
- Synonyms: category, list, group
- Example: Shelly is a fan of the romantic genre.
- Definition: the successful completion of a course of study at a university, college, or school, for which one receives a degree or diploma
- Synonyms: convocation, commencement exercise
- Example: Maria decided to join the diplomatic service after graduation.
- Definition: something which is covered with trees, plants, or grass
- Synonyms: hedge, planting
- Example: The green nature and trees always soothes my mind and helps to focus on my goals and activities.
- Definition: something which is very clear and powerful
- Synonyms: explicit, lucid
- Example: The book gave a graphic description of the war.
- Definition: something which is typical of females, or suitable of females
- Synonyms: girlish, girlhood
- Example: Tom is not afraid to be girly, soft, and foppish and celebrate the inner life.
- Definition: a piece of land, usually in a yard next to a house, where one can grow flowers and vegetables
- Synonyms: lawn, park, yard
- Example: Looking at my lovely garden refreshes my mind, makes me breezy, and gives me the energy to do all of my activities with full spirit and enthusiasm.
- Definition: something which is important, impressive or large in degree
- Synonyms: chief, prominent
- Example: Laura’s wedding was a very grand occasion.
- Definition: to start to develop something
- Synonyms: become, grow, begin
- Example: The idea of setting up her own company starts to germinate in her mind.
Positive Words That Start with G for Attractive Resumes
If you want to get your dream job then you need to use these positive words that start with G to have an impressive resume.
- Definition: to allow or consent to the fulfillment of (something requested)
- Synonyms: admit, allot
- Example: They had got a special grant to conduct research.
- Definition: a polite word or sign of welcome or recognition
- Synonyms: salutation, hailing
- Example: They exchanged greetings and sat down to start the meeting.
- Definition: to get something that is useful and that gives one an advantage in a positive way
- Synonyms: receive, obtain, achieve
- Example: We all hope to gain recognition for our works.
- Definition: the capable of being got
- Synonyms: attainable, obtainable
- Example: The company thought it was not a gettable target, and so they declined it.
- Definition: something which is sure to happen or be true
- Synonyms: assured, pledged, confirmed
- Example: They insisted that a guaranteed supply of Chinese food was written into their contracts.
- Definition: someone who is honest, not able to deceive
- Synonyms: honest, sincere
- Example: They were guileless but not frightened by the pressure or the big print.
- Definition: relating to a governor, particularly that of a state in the US
- Synonyms: administrative, ruling
- Example: The governor may not be elected to the United States Senate during his gubernatorial term.
- Definition: used as part of the title of a job of someone who is in charge of a whole organization or company
- Synonyms: all-purpose, chiefly
- Example: The deceased general was a great soldier.
- Definition: a man who is polite and behaves well towards other people, especially women
- Synonyms: sir, refined man
- Example: Our companies need a gentleman like him if we want to succeed faster.
Positive Words That Begin With G :
What are you looking for? If you’re looking for positive words starting with “G”, that is the exact source where you can find and learn positive words.
Positive Adjectives That Begin With G:
Positive Verbs Beginning With G:
Positive Nouns That Start With G:
GENIAL POSITIVE ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH G
Gainful profitable; providing a gain; advantageous; lucrative.
Gallant brave; valiant; honorable; courteously attentive and polite to women; flirtatious; amorous; dashing; boldly stylish; majestic; spirited and lively.
Galore in abundance, plenty or great numbers.
Game willing to face challenge, danger or fight.
Gamesome playful; frolicsome; merry; sportive.
Gangbuster extremely excellent, successful or profitable.
Garden used in or suitable to a garden.
Garden-fresh picked, collected or duck very recently; very fresh; having a desirable quality or taste of garden-fresh produce.
Garish showy and bright.
Gauzy thin and light; transparent.
Generous liberal in sharing and giving; characterized by abundance; honorable; overflowing; open-handed.
Genial cheerful and friendly; characterized by genius; agreeable; conductive to comfort; generative; productive.
Genteel polite; well-mannered; stylish; elegant.
Gentle kindly or considerate in disposition; tender and amiable; polite and refined; gradual; soft; soothing; mild.
Genuine real; actual; sincere; honest; authentic.
Germane closely allied; relevant and appropriate; pertinent and fitting.
Gettable capable of being attained or reached.
Giddy joyfully elated; lightheartedly silly; given to frivolity.
Gifted skillful or talented in some field.
Giggly laughing a lot in excited and light-hearted way.
Gilt covered thinly with gold (especially with gold leaf or paint); resembling gold as in luster or color.
Girly very feminine or having a feminine characteristics.
Giving generous; having tendency to give.
Glacé coated with a sugar glaze or icing; candied; having a glossy, smooth and glazed surface.
Glad pleased and cheerful; feeling happy; appreciative; very willing; joyous; gratified.
Glamour full or suggestive of glamour; glamorous.
Glamorous stylish; alluring, fascinating; beautiful; visually showy.
Glancing (light) light which gleams sparkles or flashes as it bounces off other surfaces.
Glare bright and smooth or translucent (especially ice).
Glaring shining intensely and brightly.
Glazed having a shiny coating or surface.
Glazy glazed; glassy.
Gleaming bright with a steady but dimmed shining or light.
Gleeful triumphantly joyful; full of overjoyed delight; merry.
Glinty glittery; sparkling.
Glittering shining with a sparkling or shimmering light; impressively elaborate; glamorous; desirable and valuable.
Glorious having, deserving or advancing glory; famous; delightful; wonderful; ecstatic; hilarious; splendid; characterized by great splendor and beauty.
Glossy having a shiny, smooth and lustrous surface; showy; stylish and attractive.
Glowing softly radiant or bright; full of praise; highly energetic or enthusiastic; beautiful.
Gnarly attractive; excellent; outstanding.
Goal-oriented a team or person who works hard to achieve goal, task or to get good results.
Gobsmacked utterly astonished; flabbergasted.
Godlike supremely excellent and/or good; divine; befitting or resembling a god.
Godly divine; supernatural; gloriously excellent or good; superior; devoutly; righteously.
Gold having the color and luster of gold; premium; superior.
Golden marked by wealth, prosperity, richness, splendor, creativity or peace; lustrous; radiant; shining; very favorable or advantageous; very prosperous and happy (especially of a period); something resembling gold.
Good enjoyable; pleasant; healthful; effective; beneficial; in excellent condition; high quality; valid; true; being positive.
Good-humored cheerful; amiable; happy; good-tempered; good-natured.
Good-looking handsome; beautiful; attractive; pleasing in appearance.
Goodly considerable; large; pleasing in appearance; agreeable; pleasant.
Good-natured cheerful; easygoing; amiable; soft in temper.
Goodhearted generous; kind; altruistic; benevolent.
Gorgeous very beautiful or magnificent; wonderful; delightful.
Graced full of grace; beautiful; virtuous.
Graceful characterized by beauty of style, shape or execution; elegant.
Gracile graceful; thin.
Gracious graceful; charming; compassionate and kind; beautiful and lovely; indulgent; polite and courteous.
Gradely handsome; fair; decent; excellent; well-meaning.
Graithly same as GRADELY.
Grand impressive in size or extent; rich; wonderful; highly pleasing; highly important; principal; superior in quality; extraordinarily good.
Grandiloquent lofty, pompous or elaborate in style.
Grandiose characterized by greatness of intent, scope, size or extent; grand; pompous; splendid; impressive.
Grateful thankful; showing appreciation; gratifying; pleasing.
Gratified pleased; satisfied according to what was desired.
Gratifying pleasing or satisfying; occasioning pride.
Great very large or extensive in size or scope; large in quantity; powerful; influential; eminent; grand; very good or skillful.
Greatest highest in quality or size; best; most eminent.
Greathearted magnanimous; generous; courageous or noble in spirit.
Gregarious enjoying the company of others; sociable.
Gritty showing or having resolve, determination and courage.
Groovy wonderful; marvelous; very pleasing; cool; neat; interesting; very chic; very good.
Grounded sensible; emotionally stable.
Growing increasing in size, amount, maturity or intensity.
Grown enlarged; matured.
Guaranteed certain; certified; secured.
Gubernatorial of or relating to a governor.
Guided subject to control or guidance.
Guiding leading or showing the way; instructing.
Guileless honest; sincere.
Guilt-free free from guilt or dishonesty.
Guiltless free of guilt; innocent; blameless.
Gumptious enterprising; having good judgment and perception; working hard to promote something (usually an enterprise).
Gustatory subservient or pertaining to the sense of taste or gustation.
Gutsy daring; courageous; bold; brave; determined.
Gymnastic very active or energetic.
Positive Words That Start with G – Full List (275 words)
Here is the full list of positive words that start with G, you can find total 275 motivated positive words.
List of Positive Words that Start with G
Positive Adjectives that Start with G
Adjectives are words that modify or describe nouns, which are people, places, and things. A positive adjective can make the whole sentence feel more positive.
- Meaning: Careful, or with an easy touch.
- Example: He’s very gentle with his kids.
- Meaning: Happy
- Example: We are glad he has made such great progress.
- Meaning: Something fancy or alluring.
- Example: A glamorous life is quite different from a life of luxury.
- Meaning: Shining subtly but steadily.
- Example: The house was gleaming with fresh white paint.
- Meaning: Having desired qualities.
- Example: It is good to beware by other men’s harm.
- Meaning: Very beautiful
- Example: I went out with a gorgeous girl last night.
- Meaning: Even better than great. Also used to mean large or impressive.
- Example: The wedding was a very grand occasion.
- Meaning: Thankful
- Example: I’m so grateful for all that you’ve done.
- Meaning: Very good
- Example: Little pigeons can carry great messages
- Meaning: Seeking and enjoying the company of others.
- Example: They are gregarious birds and feed in flocks.
Positive Verbs that Start with G
Verbs are the action words, or the words telling what is being done in a sentence. A positive verb makes a sentence do good things!
- Meaning: To get more of something, either something tangible or quality or skill.
- Example: The greedy boss stopped at nothing to gain profit.
- Meaning: To shock, excite, or otherwise jumpstart someone into action.
- Example: How can we galvanize the students into studying hard?
- Meaning: To bring together or come together.
- Example: It is time to gather in the harvest.
- Meaning: To make
- Example: The program would generate a lot of new jobs.
- Meaning: To laugh in a small or silly way.
- Example: “Age before beauty!” she said with a giggle.
- Meaning: To move in a smooth, unbouncy manner, across land, air, or water.
- Example: She seemed to glide on her little satin-shod feet.
- Meaning: To shine in a way that throws small pieces of light.
- Example: Your passionate eyes are like glittering stars. They glitter in my heart lightly.
- Meaning: To give off light, usually low, usually without a distinct point. Also, to be so happy it is visible.
- Example: Her eyes seemed to glow in the darkness.
- Meaning: To finish a course, lesson, or part of life.
- Example: Mary, a junior, will graduate next year.
- Meaning: To get bigger, or to get better at a particular quality.
- Example: These plants grow well in sun or shade.
Positive Nouns that Start with G
Nouns are people, places, and things. They’re generally the subject of a sentence, as well as the object. Making the thing a sentence is talking about into a positive word makes for quite a positive sentence!
- Meaning: Noble behavior. Used especially when discussing knights and heroes.
- Example: He won many hearts by his gallantry.
- Meaning: Being kind or giving without expectation of anything in return.
- Example: People are always trading on his generosity.
- Meaning: A very smart person or idea.
- Example: Her idea was a stroke of genius.
- Meaning: A thing you say or do to show your intentions. Also, a movement expression emotion or intent.
- Example: Her gesture was indicative of contempt.
- Meaning: A thing one person gives another. Also, a positive quality one innately possesses.
- Example: All the children will receive a small gift.
- Meaning: A fact that is known without needing to be stated (informal).
- Example: The concept is taken as a given in social studies.
- Meaning: Delight
- Example: She couldn’t disguise her glee at their discomfiture.
- Meaning: Being grateful and unassuming in accepting a gift or praise.
- Example: But she acted with graciousness and hospitality.
- Meaning: Often a gift of money, usually according to need or deserving qualities.
- Example: They’d got a special grant to encourage research.
- Meaning: Being willing and able to work hard to achieve a goal or purpose.
- Example: He didn’t have the gumption to keep his mouth shut.