Positive words have the power to uplift our spirits, inspire us, and bring joy to our lives. When looking for positive words, it can be challenging to find ones that start with the letter Q. However, fear not! In this article, we have compiled a comprehensive list of positive words that begin with Q. These words can be used to encourage, motivate, and spread positivity in various contexts. So, let’s dive in and explore the uplifting world of positive words starting with Q!
List of Positive Words That Start With Q
In our quest for positivity, we often come across words that can brighten our day and bring a smile to our faces. This article focuses on positive words that start with the letter Q. Despite being a challenging letter, Q offers a few remarkable words that can add a touch of optimism to any conversation or written piece. So, let’s explore these uplifting words and discover how they can infuse positivity into our lives.
Here is the list of more than Thirty (30) positive words that start with Q.
|Quality Control||Quality time||Quaint|
|Queen bee||Queen of the may||Queenie|
QUICK LIST OF POSITIVE ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH Q
Quadrate having four angles and sides; square; even; balanced; equal; exact; suited; correspondent; squared.
Quadruplicate raised to the fourth power; having four components or units; fourfold.
Quaint unusual, curious or fanciful in character; artful; attractively old-fashioned; cleverly made; wise.
Qualified having or showing appropriate or needed qualifications; fitted by accomplishments.
Qualitative relating to or involving descriptions, distinctions or comparisons based on qualities.
Qualitied endowed or fitted with qualities.
Quality having high or superior degree or grade in excellence; very well made; being of good worth; fit for purpose.
Quantifiable capable of being quantified or measured; measurable.
Queenly relating or appropriate to a queen; having or resembling the rank or status of queen; majestic; regal; distinguished (especially woman).
Quemeful merciful; kindly; pleasing; becoming; fit.
Quick moving rapidly or quickly; speedy; performed or accomplished with little or no delay; learning, understanding or thinking with speed; keen; witty; easily excited or aroused; alive; living.
Quick-sighted keenly perceptive; having acute ability to judge well.
Quick-witted mentally sharp, nimble and alert; keen.
Quiet unmoving and calm; tranquil; serene; soothing; restful.
Quietsome calm and still; undisturbed.
Quintessential purest; ultimate; most characteristic.
Quirky merry; tricky; unconventional.
Quiver active; nimble.
Quixotic absurdly chivalric; extravagantly romantic.
Quotable worthy or suitable for quoting.
Positive Words Starting With Q:
Positive Adjectives Starting With Q:
Positive Verbs That Start With The Letter Q:
Positive Nouns That Start With Q:
List of Positive Words that Start with Q
Positive Adjectives that Start with Q
Adjectives are words that describe people, places, and things. Positive adjectives can certainly help your sentences feel quite a bit more positive!
Quaint – Old-fashioned charm.
- Grandma lives in a quaint old cottage.
Quality – Very good, well put-together, skilled.
- Quality is better than quantity.
Quick – Fast, speedy, or without delay. Also means smart, as in quick-witted.
- His words came out in quick succession.
Quiescent – Calm, quiet, still. Usually used to describe a person or a person’s mind.
- This is a quiescent Southern seaside town.
Quintessential – The representation or essence of a thing, generally necessary for that thing to be who or what it is.
- He was the quintessential tough guy.
Quite – Very, really, truly, wholly.
- I am quite unqualified to talk on this subject.
Quixotic – Extravagantly romantic, usually with a bit of an unusual flair.
- This ended in a quixotic campaign for statehood.
Positive Verbs that Start with Q
Verbs are action words. They tell what is being done in a sentence. When your verb is positive, your sentence is really doing something positive!
Quadruple – To make four times the amount of something. Positive if you quadruple something positive!
- We expect to quadruple our profits this year.
Qualify – To meet requirements or expectations for a job, position, or role.
- I won’t qualify until next year.
Quantify – To measure or count; to put into numerical terms.
- The risks to health are impossible to quantify.
Quarantine – To keep contagion separate in order to keep others healthy.
- The dog was kept in quarantine for six months.
Quench – To relieve thirst, whether literal thirst or figurative. Also, to extinguish.
- He has to quench his desire for wealth.
Query – To ask a question, usually in a non-threatening way. Very positive if you’re unsure of anything!
- I query whether he can be trusted.
Positive Nouns that Start with Q
Nouns are words for people, places, and things. Making sure your nouns are positive means making sure that your sentence is focused on positive things!
Quantity – Amount. Also often used to refer to a large but inexact amount.
- I prefer quality to quantity.
Quest – A search, usually an adventurous or noble one. Often used to refer to things in the past or to exaggerate current searches or goals.
- She had come in quest of advice.
Quiet – A lack of noise. Silence. Can also mean calm and restorative.
- He was a quiet, shy man.
Quip – A witty retort or remark. Usually short and often quite sassy.
- He ended his speech with a merry quip.
Quirk – Something that marks a person or thing unusual. Often used in a positive manner.
- He had a strange quirk of addressing his wife as Mrs Smith.
Positive Words That Start with Q to Describe a Person
There are different personalities in this world, describing them gets a bit hard, so here are some words starting with Q to describe a person positively. These will help you out.
- Definition: attractively unusual or old-fashioned
- Synonyms: picturesque, charming
- Example: His gentle courtesy and quaint speech won my heart over.
- Definition: the female ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth
- Synonyms: monarch, sovereign, head of state, ruler
- Example: The queen made sure that everyone in the country was well-fed and healthy.
- Definition: characterized by peculiar or unexpected results
- Synonyms: eccentric, unconventional
- Example: Her sense of humor was decidedly quirky and she made everyone in the room adore her.
- Definition: officially recognized as being trained to perform a particular job; certified
- Synonyms: expert, seasoned
- Example: The newly qualified nurses did their jobs amazingly.
- Definition: kindly, merciful
- Synonyms: kind, honest, merciful
- Example: The owner of the house showed a useful attitude towards the thief.
- Definition: a person who asks questions
- Synonyms: asker, inquirer
- Example: The little querist turned pale, and gave a deep sigh- at last, in a voice of thunder, he roared out.
- Definition: a comparative form of “quick”
- Synonyms: faster
- Example: Quite frankly, they were just stronger, quicker and better.
- Definition: representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class
- Synonyms: typical, stereotypical
- Example: He was the quintessential tough guy- strong, silent, and self-contained.
- Definition: exceedingly idealistic, unrealistic and impractical
- Synonyms: idealistic, romantic
- Example: The love, the author has for his characters and their sometimes, quixotic attempts at self-definition.
Positive Words That Start with Q to Encourage Yourself
Many times when you physically can’t get support, these good words that start with Q will become your constant support system to encourage you in making yourself a better person.
- Definition: be entitled to a particular benefit
- Synonyms: certified, licensed
- Example: She knew that she would qualify for the job so she sent in her resume.
- Definition: a group of words taken from a text and repeated by someone other than the original author or speaker
- Synonyms: citation, reference
- Example: He gave a quotation regarding the famous book.
- Definition: at a fast rate; quickly
- Synonyms: swift, rapid
- Example: He was always quick in his responses.
- Definition: to the utmost or most absolute extent or degree
- Synonyms: completely, entirely
- Example: He was getting to be a quite a handsome young man.
- Definition: of high quality; excellent
- Synonyms: subjective, approximate
- Example: Google has squarely shifted the qualitative burden inherent in maintaining local data integrity to business owners themselves.
- Definition: a long or arduous search for something
- Synonyms: search, pursuit, hunt
- Example: The team’s quest to win a championship finally came to an end as they won the tournament.
- Definition: the quality of moving fast or doing something in a short time
- Synonyms: velocity, fleetness, rapidity
- Example: He amazes me with his quickness and eagerness to learn.
- Definition: a step used when marching in quick time
- Synonyms: quick-march
- Example: The officer addressed moved at quickstep in response to this invitation.
- Definition: of a person or remark suitable for or worth quoting
- Synonyms: notable, noteworthy, observable
- Example: He was very quotable and whole books have been devoted to his musings.
- Definition: the status of a queen
- Synonyms: stateliness, reign
- Example: Her queen-hood gained her the position as queen in the state.
Positive Words That Start with Q to Compliment Others
Who doesn’t like hearing a good compliment that makes them feel more beautiful about themselves? Below is a list of all nice words that start with Q.
- Definition: someone making a search
- Synonyms: seeker, searcher
- Example: Mr. Palomer is a quester after knowledge, a visionary in a world sublime and ridiculous.
- Definition: quick to see or discern
- Synonyms: sharp-sighted, responsive
- Example: I do not mean to say that I am particularly observant or quick-sighted in general, but in such a case I am sure I could not be deceived.
- Definition: a feeling of peacefulness
- Synonyms: still, calm, quiet
- Example: Reid acts quietsome in a gathering of people.
- Definition: the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class
- Synonyms: picture, prototype
- Example: He was the quintessence of political professionalism.
- Definition: a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by someone or something
- Synonyms: feature, trait, attribute
- Example: He shows a strong leadership quality.
- Definition: a subtle distinction
- Synonyms: quibble
- Example: There is not a quip nor a quillet from the slangy pen of the daily newspaper writers.
- Definition: usual or customary
- Synonyms: daily, everyday
- Example: A quotidian report is a must every day.
- Definition: able to be expressed
- Synonyms: numbers, data
- Example: When the history of carat weight adjusted to the standardized measurement, additional quantifiable measures were needed to compare stones of different weights and partial carats.
- Definition: in an attractively unusual or old-fashioned manner
- Synonyms: charming, sweet
- Example: Alex quaintly attracts so many girls.
- Definition: endowed with a quality
- Synonyms: featured, marked
- Example: Sam is qualitied with everything needed for the job.
Positive Words That Start with Q to Help Through Difficulties
When nothing works out for you in times of need, these encouraging words that start with Q will always bring a smile to your face and pick you up.
- Definition: rapid in movement or action
- Synonyms: fast, rapid
- Example: This camera should capture every detail of distant or quick-moving subjects.
- Definition: repeat or copy out (a group of words from a text or speech), typically with an indication that one is not the original author or speaker
- Synonyms: retell, repeat
- Example: He quoted a passage from the Psalms.
- Definition: time spent in giving another person one’s undivided attention in order to strengthen a relationship, especially with reference to working parents and their child or children
- Synonyms: giggle, fun
- Example: The most important thing to get out of depression is to spend quality-time with your children.
- Definition: capable of being detached quickly and easily.
- Synonyms: quick-acting, rapid-release
- Example: One should act like a quick-release button in times of need.
- Definition: a warm bed covering made of padding enclosed between layers of fabric and kept in place by lines of stitching, typically applied in a decorative design
- Synonyms: duvet, counterpane
- Example: A cozy quilt is all you need to relax your mind after a hectic day at work.
- Definition: a state of stillness and calmness
- Synonyms: relaxation, quietness
- Example: It highlights her quietude and wise passivity.
- Definition: drink something (especially, an alcoholic drink) heartily
- Synonyms: slurp, drink
- Example: He quaffed pint after pint of good Berkshire ale.
- Definition: artfulness
- Synonyms: beauty, elegance
- Example: The king, then none other N’as, bid him some quaintise.
- Definition: a quality or accomplishment
- Synonyms: accomplishment, studies
- Example: They need to beat Poland to ensure qualification for the World Cup finals.
- Definition: increase or be increased fourfold
- Synonyms: increase
- Example: Her mind went to the quadruple locks on the front door and bars on the window.
Positive Words That Start with Q to Uplift Our Mind
We continuously need mental boosters to make us think positive. Here are some motivational words that start with Q to make us feel great.
- Definition: the minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid
- Synonyms: organization, gathering
- Example: When a quorum, with some difficulty, was obtained, another period of retrograde legislation set it.
- Definition: a share or portion
- Synonyms: nonlinear, share
- Example: He still retained a small quantum of intuitive beliefs, and did not appear to see that the very existence of these could not be explained by his theory of mental action.
- Definition: the circulating life force whose existence and properties are the basis of much Chinese philosophy and medicine
- Synonyms: force of life, spirit
- Example: Another method of treatment is acupuncture, which involves the insertion of thin needles into the body to regulate and redirect the flow of qi.
- Definition: to satisfy
- Synonyms: complete, satisfy
- Example: The acai berry is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids, both of which help boost metabolism and quat hunger.
- Definition: amusingly odd or strange
- Synonyms: rare
- Example: This is one of the most quizzical movies ever made.
- Definition: the intention of doing something
- Synonyms: praise, intend, think
- Example: He set qasida of finishing this exam as soon as possible and getting a remarkable grade.
- Definition: a Chinese system of breathing control, physical exercise and meditation
- Synonyms: breathwork, tui na
- Example: Yin Yang philosophy stretches beyond feng-shui and into Chinese science, medicine and even martial arts such as qigong.
- Definition: used especially to express surprise or contempt
- Synonyms: surprise, happiness
- Example: He expressed his quotha over the fact he was getting a mountain bike for his birthday.
- Definition: the maintenance of a desired level of quality in a service or product, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production
- Synonyms: caliber, performance
- Example: Quality-assurance schemes have been in use in early years settings for a number of years.
- Definition: each of four equal or corresponding parts into which something is or can be divided
- Synonyms: one fourth
- Example: She cut each apple into a quarter to eat.
List of Positive Words That Start with Q to Keep Us Stay Positive
The more you’re positive in life, the more you will achieve, so here are some positive words that start with Q that will help to achieve our goals.
- Definition: of or relating to the accumulation of money
- Synonyms: wealth, money
- Example: The quaestuary preachers acquired money for the charity they had planned and fed the poor.
- Definition: a small genus of twining vines of warm regions distinguished from Ipomoea
- Synonyms: plant, vine
- Example: The various plants were needed for the nursery including Quamoclit and Hydrangea flowers.
- Definition: to give something such as a ticket or passport to an official
- Synonyms: handover, lend
- Example: He quarendered the ticket to the president before he boarded the plane.
- Definition: the 15th century as a period of Italian art or architecture
- Synonyms: art, literature
- Example: The architectural frame of the Quattrocentism was partially rebuilt to maintain the structure and history.
- Definition: the different form of quiet
- Synonyms: calmness, serenity
- Example: Quiety could be felt all around the room as the exam was being held and the students were focusing on their papers.
- Definition: a species of parrot
- Synonyms: animal, cockatiel
- Example: The cockatiel is and always was commonly known in Australia as a quarrion.
- Definition: the feeling of quiet
- Synonyms: quiet, calm
- Example: Quietness could be felt all around the room and the atmosphere was calm.
- Definition: the amount or number of a material
- Synonyms: sum, size
- Example: The quantity or quality of the fruit can be controlled.
- Definition: the standard of health, comfort and happiness experienced by an individual or group
- Synonyms: well-being, standard
- Example: The things that are needed for a good quality-of-life.
- Definition: (of sound reproduction) transmitted through four channels
- Synonyms: quadruplet
- Example: I finally got a CD player with quadraphonic sound which helped me relax.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with Q
You feel so low of yourself when you hear different words of different letters whose meanings you don’t know. Memorize this list of positive words that start with Q.
- Definition: apply quantum theory to, especially form into quanta, in particular restrict the number of possible values of (a quantity) or states of (a system) so that certain variables can assume only certain discrete magnitudes
- Synonyms: quantity, system
- Example: Light is quantized into packets of energy.
- Definition: the wool of the undercoat of the musk ox
- Synonyms: wool
- Example: The soft, dense, light-brown qiviut keeps us warm in the winters.
- Definition: a style of Muslim devotional music associated particularly with Sufis in Pakistan.
- Synonyms: Devotional music, short phrase
- Example: Listening to a Qawwali always gives a good vibe.
- Definition: in the capacity of; as being
- Synonyms: amid, among
- Example: He’s hard to pin down if you get him on entertainment qua entertainment.
- Definition: is a 15th-century collection of sermons written in the Glagolitic alphabet by Croatian priest Simon Greblo
- Synonyms: sermon
- Example: It’s great to read different quaresimals to gain knowledge.
- Definition: non-flying duties
- Synonyms: uncountable
- Example: One additional boat is the queep.
- Definition: satisfy
- Synonyms: extinguish, put out
- Example: He did an act to quench the fire.
- Definition: rapid or fast
- Synonyms: swiftly, speedily
- Example: We moved quickly to deal with our auditor’s question.
- Definition: responsive discernment
- Synonyms: sharp, keen
- Example: He is quick-sighted as a cat.
- Definition: an exchange of goods and services
- Synonyms: transfer, exchange
- Example: In a quid-pro-quo agreement, one transfer is thus contingent upon some transfer from the other party.
Positive Words That Start with Q for Attractive Resumes
The entire life of a person is dependent on his resume. Here are some positive words that start with Q to enlighten your resume.
- Definition: with regard to the quality or qualities of something rather than its quantity
- Synonyms: observational, systematic
- Example: Our results differ qualitatively from previous studies.
- Definition: a fixed minimum or maximum number of a particular group of people allowed to do something, such as immigrants to enter a country, workers to undertake a job, or students to enroll for a course
- Synonyms: share, portion
- Example: The removal of entry quota encouraged young people to enter universities.
- Definition: moving fast or doing something in a short time
- Synonyms: fast, swift
- Example: It was quick of him to spot the mistake.
- Definition: very quickly
- Synonyms: fast, quick
- Example: Quick-as-a-flash he was at her side.
- Definition: something that has a soothing or calming effect
- Synonyms: calming, soothing
- Example: The police officer’s arrival brought a quietus to the argument between the two neighbors.
- Definition: make a witty remark
- Synonyms: pun, gag
- Example: Peter ate heartily with a quip about being a condemned man.
- Definition: a topic for or exercise in philosophical or theological discussion
- Synonyms: shuffle, quirk
- Example: An author of theological lectures and quodlibets.
- Definition: explained in a restrained way
- Synonyms: reserved, calm
- Example: Molly spoke with quiet confidence.
- Definition: intelligent
- Synonyms: smart, keen
- Example: He is lively and quick-witted.
In this article, we have explored a diverse collection of positive words that begin with the letter Q. From quaint and quality to quick and quiet, these words offer a range of uplifting meanings that can inspire and motivate us. By incorporating these words into our vocabulary and daily interactions, we can infuse positivity and optimism into our lives and the lives of those around us.