In our daily lives, the words we use have a powerful impact on our thoughts, emotions, and interactions with others. Words have the ability to inspire, uplift, and motivate, and incorporating positive words into our vocabulary can greatly enhance our well-being.
In this article, we will explore a comprehensive list of positive words that start with the letter “L.” By adding these words to your repertoire, you can infuse your communication with optimism and positivity. So let’s dive in and discover the wonderful world of positive words beginning with “L”!
List of Positive Words That Start With L
Here is the list of more than One Hundred Forty (140) positive words that start with L.
|Laidback||Lambent||Lap of honor|
Lively list of positive adjectives starting with L
Ladylike characteristic of a lady or woman; well-bred.
Laid-back relaxed and unhurried; easy-going.
Lambent softly brilliant, bright or radiant; flickering softly and lightly on or over a surface; having a gentle glow (especially without heat); luminous; twinkling.
Large big; of relatively or considerable great size, extent or quantity; abundant; full; boastful; profuse; liberal; tolerant.
Large-hearted generous and sympathetic.
Larruping excellent or delicious (especially food); very good.
Lasting enduring; durable; existing, remaining or continuing for a long time.
Latitudinarian libertine; tolerant and not restrained views (especially in religion).
Laudable praiseworthy; commendable; healthy; salubrious.
Laudatory conferring or expressing praise; extolling.
Laureate worthy of the greatest honor; decked or crowned with laurel.
Lavish excessive; very abundant; profuse v. to bestow or give in abundance or profusion.
Law-abiding abiding the laws of society; free from criminal record.
Lawful authorized, recognized, established or constituted by law or rules; rightful.
Leading principal; best; chief; guiding; directing preceding; occurring in advance.
Leading-edge most up-to-date; latest; leading; the forefront or cutting edge (especially of technological development).
Learned knowledgeable; highly educated; skillful.
Legal a legal right; being allowed by law or rules.
Legendary extremely popular; famous; fabled.
Legible apparent; possible to decipher or read.
Legit legal; legitimate; cool; genuine.
Legitimate lawful; authentic; genuine.
Leisured having leisure and free time; relaxed.
Leisurely unhurried; characterized by leisure.
Lenien permissive; generous; merciful; tolerant; not strict n. an emollient; a lenitive.
Leonine of or characteristic of or relating a lion.
Lepid jocose; pleasant.
Lettered literate; learned; highly educated.
Level-headed rational; sensible.
Liberal unrestrained; tolerant to new ideas; free; generous.
Liberated freed; released.
Liberating giving freedom from restraint or restriction.
Light-hearted happy and carefree; cheerful; merry; free from anxiety.
Likable pleasing; attractive; evoking sympathetic feelings; easy to like.
Like having the similar or same qualities or characteristics.
Like-minded of similar opinion; of the same mind; having the similar tendencies or thoughts.
Liked found enjoyable, pleasant or attractive.
Likely plausible; appropriate, suitable; believable; attractive; pleasant.
Limber flexing or bending readily; supple; pliant.
Lionhearted courageous; brave.
Lissome graceful and quick in movement; flexible; nimble; active.
Literary knowledgeable of writing or literature.
Literate able to write and read well; well-written.
Lithe calm; mild; easily bent.
Lithesome pliant; nimble; lissome; supple; flexible.
Livable suitable or fit to live in or with.
Live that is alive; having active properties; being energized; wide awake.
Lively full, of life, spirit and energy; refreshing; invigorating; brisk.
Living having life; full of vitality, interest or life; realistic or true to life; in active use or function; relating to the maintenance, support or conduct of life; lifelike.
Logical reasonable; versed and skilled in the use of thinking and reasoning; based on known conditions, statements or events.
Long-established having a long history and existed or continued for a long time.
Long-standing having existed for a long time; persistent.
Lordly of or relating to a lord; very noble; proud; lofty.
Lovable having characteristics that attract affection or love.
Loved held dear or being the object of love.
Lovely loving; full of love; beautiful; enjoyable; delightful; very nice in general sense.
Loving feeling love or kindness; affectionate.
Loyal faithful to a cause, custom, ideal, duty or person; unwavering and steadfast in devotion to friend or vow.
Lucent shining; translucent; clear; bright; lustrous; lucid.
Lucid easily understood; sane; intelligible; transparent; clear; shining.
Lucky fortuitous; favored by luck or chance.
Lucrative profitable; producing wealth or success; gainful.
Luminous emitting light or full of light; illuminated; bright; easily understood or comprehended; enlightened; clear.
Luscious pleasant and sweet; delicious; very appealing to the mind or senses.
Lush plentiful; abundant; extremely productive or pleasing; voluptuous.
Lustrous having a glow or sheen; radiant; luminous.
Lusty strong; powerful; vigorous; robust; healthful; big.
Luxuriant characterized by abundance, richness or growth; extremely elaborate or florid.
Luxurious characterized by luxury; being extremely fine; superior and rich in quality.
Lynx-eyed having particularly good and keen vision.
Lyrical having an artistically expressive or beautiful quality; melodious; highly enthusiastic; rhapsodic; lyric.
Positive Words That Start With L:
In this large section, we will cover a good collection of positive words that start with the alphabet L. So, just read all words carefully and attentively to grow your skill about positive words.
Positive Adjectives That Begin With L:
Read the list below words for learning better about positive adjectives vocabulary.
Positive Verbs That Begin With L:
Positive Nouns Starting With L:
List of Positive Words that Start with L
Positive Adjectives that Start with L
Laudatory – Something being said that includes praise or compliments.
- Her teaching evaluations are among the most laudatory in this department.
Leisure – Personal, relaxing time, such as while on vacation. Also, in your own time frame.
- What do you do in your leisure time?
Light – The opposite of dark, both figuratively and literally. Something light is easy to see, uplifting, not heavy.
- A light rain began to fall.
Likable – Something or someone easy to appreciate or to want to be around.
- She is likable enough, but very ordinary.
Lively – Full of life and energy. Often bright colors, jaunty.
- He has a lively imagination.
Logical – Things that make sense according to facts and patterns.
- You should be more logical.
Loyal – Unwavering, especially in areas of support, help, love, and devotion.
- We assured him of our loyal support.
Lucrative – Something that makes a lot of money.
- He inherited a lucrative business from his father.
Luminous – Full of light.
- The desert was luminous, starkly beautiful.
Luscious – Wonderfully rich, sweet, or delicious.
- She was looking luscious in a flannel shirt.
Positive Verbs that Start with L
Land – To arrive safely on ground. Also, to succeed in securing a deal or date.
- The land lay derelict for ten years.
Launch – To start. Also, to get something off the ground, typically at high speed, both literally and figuratively.
- The Queen is to launch a new warship today.
Lavish – To give someone a lot of things, especially nice things. Can be tangible things or words.
- They lived a very lavish lifestyle.
Learn – To gain new knowledge.
- You must learn to control your temper.
Let – To allow.
- Let us revert to the original subject.
Liberate – To free from restrictions or unjust laws.
- They did their best to liberate slaves.
Lift – To raise, either literally, as in from the ground, or figuratively, such as to lift someone’s spirits.
- She gripped the hand rail in the lift.
Like – To be fond of or appreciative of someone or something.
- I don’t feel like doing anything today.
Listen – To hear and internalize what is being said.
- He refused to listen to her tearful pleas.
Love – To feel very deep affection.
- It was love at first sight.
Positive Nouns that Start with L
Lark – A thing that’s done purely for fun or diversion.
- I only went along for a lark.
Laugh – An expression of humor that is generally audible and reflexive.
- I resisted the impulse to laugh.
Lead – An idea of what direction to go. Also, a way to help people follow.
- He speculated that this might lead to a success.
League – An organized group of people who come together for a purpose.
- He’s out of his league.
Legend – A story or person who is known by many or most. Also, the part of a map or code that helps you translate or understand what you’re looking at.
- The play was based on Irish legend.
Lesson – A thing that can be learned.
- This lesson adds to the value of the book.
Link – A tie between two or more people or things, either literal as in a chain link fence or figurative as in a common experience.
- The study demonstrates the link between poverty and malnutrition.
Luck – Something happening by chance instead of through skill. Usually positive unless otherwise specified.
- We wish her luck in her new career.
Luster – Shine.
- These pearls have a beautiful luster.
Luxury – A situation or lifestyle that includes being surrounded by nice, extravagant, or fancy things.
- They live in luxury in a very big house.
Positive Words That Start With L to Describe a Person
There are times when we run out of words to describe a person positively. Keeping these words starting with L to describe a person positively will definitely come in handy at times like that.
- Definition: to show faithfulness toward something or someone
- Synonyms: faithful, steadfast
- Example: She’s very loyal to her friends.
- Definition: to be very beautiful
- Synonyms: beautiful, pretty, attractive
- Example: He’s a lovely guy.
- Definition: acting in the manner of a lord
- Synonyms: noble, aristocratic
- Example: He is a lordly and dignified man.
- Definition: to act the way society expects a female to behave
- Synonyms: proper, correct
- Example: She has a ladylike elegance.
- Definition: glowing or flickering light across a surface
- Synonyms: glowing, flickering
- Example: She was so quick and so lambent in her dangerous flamy sensitiveness.
- Definition: like a lion, distinguished and illustrious
- Synonyms: lion-like, esteemed, famed, powerful, dignified
- Example: He has such a handsome, leonine profile.
- Definition: not harsh or strict
- Synonyms: lax, tolerant, permissive
- Example: She has a very lenient attitude.
- Definition: free from care and worry
- Synonyms: carefree, cheerful, unburdened
- Example: His lighthearted attitude in the face of danger was the source of some concern.
- Definition: healthy and energetic
- Synonyms: loud, strong
- Example: Her lusty, alto voice has seldom sounded better.
Positive Words That Start With L to Encourage Yourself
If you want to live a fulfilling life, it is really important to encourage yourself on a daily basis. Reading these good words that start with L will definitely help to cheer you up no matter what.
- Definition: good fortune
- Synonyms: fortune, serendipity
- Example: With a bit of luck, we can surely succeed this time.
- Definition: to agree with or enjoy
- Synonyms: approve, enjoy, agree with, admire
- Example: I like hiking a lot as it cheers me up.
- Definition: a light-hearted adventure
- Synonyms: spree, frolic
- Example: He started paragliding years ago as a lark, and now it’s his profession.
- Definition: the sound of laughing
- Synonyms: mirth, chuckling, laughing
- Example: His mom’s laughter will always be the best form of therapy for him.
- Definition: gaining a skill or knowledge
- Synonyms: studying, training
- Example: Even though he faced difficulties in learning, his teachers’ techniques made it fun.
- Definition: trying to hear and pay attention
- Synonyms: hear, eavesdrop
- Example: It is always better to listen to your elderly.
- Definition: having knowledge of a particular subject
- Synonyms: knowledgeable, proficient
- Example: Being computer literate is an advantage that I have for jobs.
- Definition: fast-moving and full of life
- Synonyms: quick, energetic, vivacious
- Example: She is a very lively and uninhibited girl.
- Definition: bestows something in generous quantity
- Synonyms: spend, expend, pour
- Example: I was ecstatic as the media couldn’t lavish enough praise on my art.
- Definition: open to new ideas
- Synonyms: tolerant, open-minded, free
- Example: The best thing you can do is have liberal views on everything that happens in life.
Positive Words That Start With L to Compliments Others
Is there anyone in this world who doesn’t like to be complimented? These are many nice words that start with L that you can use to not only compliment others but also yourself.
- Definition: feeling or showing love
- Synonyms: affectionate, fond, devoted
- Example: He is a very loving father.
- Definition: the quality of being loyal
- Synonyms: faithfulness, allegiance, obedience
- Example: Her loyalty to her family is impressive.
- Definition: pleasant to listen to
- Synonyms: quiet, muffled, light
- Example: All of her albums are so eminently listenable.
- Definition: to praise
- Synonyms: praise, glorify
- Example: He was lauded for his accomplishments.
- Definition: to be casual
- Synonyms: calm, unpretentious, casual
- Example: He was very laid-back about it all.
- Definition: someone or something that is well known for a deed
- Synonyms: heroic, fabled, famous
- Example: Her wisdom in matters of childbirth was legendary.
- Definition: someone or something that saves lives, literally or figuratively
- Synonyms: savior, hero
- Example: The surgical procedure he discovered has been a lifesaver for many people.
- Definition: having the quality of being easy to like
- Synonyms: attractive, pleasant
- Example: She is a very likable young woman.
- Definition: attractively thin and able to move with grace
- Synonyms: graceful, lithe, agile
- Example: The lissome actress’s dance training is apparent in the ways he moves on stage.
- Definition: having good luck
- Synonyms: fortunate, blessed, favored
- Example: It sounds as if you have been lucky all along.
Positive Words That Start With L to Help Through Difficulties
We have to face difficulties throughout our life even if we don’t want to. Here are some encouraging words that start with L that will help you push through times like that.
- Definition: entertaining and easily understood, but not serious
- Synonyms: entertaining, bright
- Example: A lively argument between the two speakers provided some light relief.
- Definition: the experience or state of being alive
- Synonyms: vitality, living
- Example: Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be.
- Definition: an experience that teaches you how to behave better
- Synonyms: class, session, seminar
- Example: We can learn important lessons from all the failures in life.
- Definition: gain skill in something
- Synonyms: grasp, master
- Example: I learned a lot from my mistakes.
- Definition: to live a particular type of life
- Synonyms: guide, direct, conduct
- Example: It is better to lead a simple life without any complications.
- Definition: freedom from control or imprisonment
- Synonyms: freedom, independence
- Example: Individuals should enjoy the liberty to pursue their own preferences.
- Definition: easy to care for
- Synonyms: adorable, endearing
- Example: The lovable people around me give me a lot of energy.
- Definition: calm and controlled in stressful situations
- Synonyms: wise, practical, prudent, reasonable
- Example: She was glad to have the advice of someone who was level-headed.
- Definition: clear enough to read
- Synonyms: readable, clear, neat
- Example: An ecstatic mood was clearly legible on her face.
- Definition: thinking that is clear
- Synonyms: clear-thinking, simplicity
- Example: His lecture motivated me as it combined intellectual lucidity and passion.
Positive Words That Start With L to Uplift Our Mind
In today’s materialistic world, it is really difficult to always stay positive. These motivational words that start with L will surely help to uplift your mind after a stressful day.
- Definition: set someone free
- Synonyms: free, untie
- Example: This season of spring feels a lot uplifting now that vaccines are starting to liberate us.
- Definition: expressed clearly
- Synonyms: intelligible, understandable, cogent
- Example: I love this book as the author’s prose is very lucid and entertaining.
- Definition: to express amusement with a vocal sound
- Synonyms: chuckle, chortle, giggle, crack up
- Example: It feels good to laugh after a stressful day.
- Definition: to care deeply or feel the passion
- Synonyms: adore, care for
- Example: I just love dancing as it uplifts my mind.
- Definition: freedom from responsibilities like work and school
- Synonyms: freedom, respite, spare time
- Example: Doing yoga at your leisure is pretty efficient for your health.
- Definition: giving off light
- Synonyms: glowing, shining
- Example: They painted the door a luminous green.
- Definition: to be sympathetic
- Synonyms: generous, sympathetic
- Example: He never passed a chance to tell people how large-hearted his father is.
- Definition: having similar tastes
- Synonyms: common, agreeing
- Example: We should surround ourselves with like-minded friends.
- Definition: brave and determined
- Synonyms: courageous, valiant
- Example: I automatically felt brave as I met my lionhearted friend.
- Definition: the fact of having a lot of green, healthy plants, grass, and trees
- Synonyms: lush, luxuriant
- Example: Tourists love the lushness of the rolling green hills.
List of Positive WordsThat Start with L to Keep Us Stay Positive
Reading these positive words that start with L will definitely help to stay positive as well as give you a serotonin boost. Or you can simply use them for any writing purposes or just hyping your friend up.
- Definition: highly comfortable and often expensive
- Synonyms: rich, comfortable
- Example: Spending a luxurious weekend with my family gave me the serotonin boost I needed.
- Definition: to lie around, often in a comfortable chair
- Synonyms: relax, loll, idle
- Example: She was lounging on the beach for refreshment.
- Definition: the amount of time someone or something will last
- Synonyms: long-lived, lifespan
- Example: For longevity in your life, you really need to keep it simple.
- Definition: very attractive to look at, taste, smell
- Synonyms: fancy, pleasing, lavish
- Example: I was mesmerized by the lush sound of the orchestra.
- Definition: something to be praised for doing the right thing
- Synonyms: correct, celebrated, commendable
- Example: You should always have laudable aims and translate that into practice.
- Definition: to be rich and lush
- Synonyms: lush, rich, profuse
- Example: We had a luxuriant time on my birthday.
- Definition: pleasing to see, hear, or feel
- Synonyms: sweet, pleasing
- Example: She slipped into her luscious pale pink pajamas.
- Definition: the quality of being more merciful
- Synonyms: mercy, forgiveness, lenity
- Example: The court provided no leniency for the damage he has done to the victims.
- Definition: amusing or pleasant
- Synonyms: jocose, jolly
- Example: His lepid manner was suitable for such a happy occasion.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start With L
These commonly used positive words that start with L might not be as common to you. So keep reading so that you can add some new words to your vocabulary.
- Definition: generosity in giving of gifts or money
- Synonyms: generosity, beneficence
- Example: Her campaign has largely been funded by her family’s significant largess.
- Definition: easy to bend
- Synonyms: flexible, bendable
- Example: I have to practice to keep myself limber.
- Definition: clear and not cloudy, simple and easy to comprehend
- Synonyms: clear, bright, transparent
- Example: His prose style is flexible, limpid, and a great pleasure to read.
- Definition: low in price
- Synonyms: cheap, economical
- Example: Apple clearly needs a low-cost line that still maintains margins.
- Definition: the quality of shining
- Synonyms: shiny, bright, glowing
- Example: She has very large lustrous eyes.
- Definition: relatively great size
- Synonyms: big, great, huge
- Example: They have a large house in the suburbs.
- Definition: something with endurance
- Synonyms: enduring, lifelong
- Example: They left a lasting impression.
- Definition: a person who is honored with an award for outstanding creative or intellectual achievement
- Synonyms: academic, intellectual
- Example: He was a Nobel laureate in physics.
- Definition: acting or done at leisure; unhurried or relaxed
- Synonyms: unhurried, relaxed, easy
- Example: We had a leisurely breakfast at our hotel.
- Definition: formally educated
- Synonyms: learned, erudite, academic
- Example: The lettered crowd is well acquainted with the author.
Positive Words That Start With L for Attractive Resumes
What is the key to getting your dream job, you may ask? Well, duh, it is an attractive resume. Use these positive words that start with L in your resume in order to impress the interviewer.
- Definition: making sense according to logic or reason
- Synonyms: reasonable
- Example: I am confident that I am a logical choice for the job.
- Definition: leading to profit
- Synonyms: profitable, money-making
- Example: This business is highly lucrative.
- Definition: creative work that can be sung
- Synonyms: song-like, musical
- Example: The emphasis of and articulated reason for the competitions is the lyrical content and vocal artistry of competitors.
- Definition: having a formal status derived from law
- Synonyms: lawful, permitted, acceptable
- Example: I am experienced in conducting pro bono client interviewing and legal research for legal aid agencies.
- Definition: obedient to the laws of society
- Synonyms: well-behaved, lawful
- Example: My goal is to show how miracles might be conceived as law-abiding and compatible with moderate physicalism.
- Definition: at the most advanced position in an area of activity
- Synonyms: ahead, lead
- Example: The goal of any organization is not to be leading-edge but to be effective.
- Definition: someone who guides or directs
- Synonyms: guide, boss, director
- Example: I was elected as leader of the campaign group.
- Definition: such as well might happen or be true; probable
- Synonyms: probable, plausible
- Example: I have most likely displayed satisfactory actability in all the plays I have participated in before.
- Definition: alive now
- Synonyms: alive, co-exist
- Example: I am confident that I am probably the best-known living architect.
- Definition: concerning the writing, study, or content of literature, especially of the kind valued for quality of form
- Synonyms: written, poetic, artistic
- Example: My novels are packed with literary allusions.
Love is a powerful force that brings people together, fosters connections, and fuels happiness. It is an emotion that knows no boundaries and transcends all differences. Love has the ability to heal, inspire, and create harmony in our lives. Whether it’s the love we feel for our family, friends, or significant other, love fills our hearts with warmth and joy.
Laughter is the best medicine, as the saying goes. It has the incredible ability to instantly uplift our spirits and bring joy to any situation. Laughter is contagious and can create a positive and lighthearted atmosphere wherever it is present. It helps us release stress, boosts our mood, and strengthens our relationships with others.
Liberation is the state of being free from limitations, restrictions, or oppressive circumstances. It represents the breaking free from any chains that hold us back, allowing us to embrace our true selves and pursue our dreams. Liberation gives us a sense of empowerment, enabling us to live authentically and embrace new opportunities.
Luminous refers to something that emits light or brightness. It symbolizes radiance, brilliance, and positivity. When we describe something as luminous, we acknowledge its ability to shine and illuminate the world around it. It can be used to describe both physical objects and metaphorical qualities, such as a luminous smile or a luminous personality.
Lively describes energy, enthusiasm, and vivacity. It is synonymous with being full of life and actively engaging with the world. A lively person exudes vitality and brings excitement to any situation. They possess a zest for life that is contagious and can inspire others to embrace the same vibrant energy.
Luxurious represents indulgence, comfort, and elegance. It embodies the feeling of being surrounded by opulence and refinement. Something luxurious is often associated with high quality, exclusivity, and a sense of pampering. It can refer to experiences, materials, or environments that provide a heightened sense of pleasure and enjoyment.
Lightheartedness is a state of being carefree, cheerful, and without burdens. It is the ability to approach life with a sense of humor and a lightness of spirit. A lighthearted attitude can help us navigate challenges with ease, find joy in simple moments, and maintain a positive outlook. Embracing lightheartedness allows us to experience life’s ups and downs with resilience and optimism.
Luck refers to favorable events or circumstances that occur by chance. It represents the belief in positive outcomes beyond our control. Having luck on our side brings a sense of serendipity and opportunity. It can manifest in various forms, such as finding unexpected success, meeting the right people at the right time, or experiencing fortunate coincidences.
Loving-kindness encompasses compassion, empathy, and goodwill towards oneself and others. It involves cultivating a genuine care and concern for the well-being of all beings. Practicing loving-kindness promotes harmony, understanding, and connection. By extending kindness and love to ourselves and those around us, we create a positive ripple effect that spreads throughout the world.
Lustrous describes something that shines with a radiant glow. It signifies brilliance, beauty, and elegance. A lustrous object or person captivates attention and evokes a sense of awe. It can be used to describe shiny surfaces, glossy finishes, or even vibrant personalities that exude charm and charisma.
Liberality refers to a generous and open-hearted nature. It embodies the willingness to give freely, whether it’s in the form of resources, time, or support. Liberality encompasses acts of kindness, charity, and philanthropy. By practicing liberality, we create a culture of abundance and foster a sense of community where everyone benefits from the spirit of generosity.
Leisure represents the freedom to enjoy activities of our choice without constraints or obligations. It is the time we dedicate to rest, relaxation, and pursuing hobbies and interests. Engaging in leisure activities promotes well-being, reduces stress, and enhances our creativity. Whether it’s reading a book, practicing a hobby, or simply taking a walk in nature, leisure enriches our lives and nurtures our souls.
Legendary refers to something that is renowned, iconic, or mythical. It represents stories or individuals that have achieved extraordinary feats and have left a lasting impact on society. Legends inspire awe, admiration, and a sense of wonder. They remind us of the boundless potential within each of us and the power of perseverance, courage, and determination.
Limitless signifies boundlessness, infinite possibilities, and unlimited potential. It represents a state of transcending perceived barriers and embracing the belief that anything is achievable. When we adopt a limitless mindset, we open ourselves to new opportunities, push past self-imposed limitations, and unlock our true capabilities. Embracing the limitless nature of life empowers us to dream big and pursue our goals fearlessly.
Life-affirming refers to anything that promotes and celebrates the value and beauty of life. It encompasses actions, beliefs, and experiences that nurture and enhance our existence. Life-affirming activities can include practicing gratitude, fostering meaningful relationships, pursuing personal growth, and engaging in acts of kindness. By embracing life-affirming practices, we cultivate a deep appreciation for the gift of life and strive to make each moment meaningful.